Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday 11-7

I had a good day today.  I woke up earlier because Maia needed to pick up the food that she stored in my chest freezer.  She woke me up.  I had a rough night last night so I didn't get up too early.  I hope next time she lets me know in advanced so I will be ready for her to be over to pick up the stuff.  After she left, I thought about going back to bed but I was slightly hungry so I went to Tim Horton's for brunch.  I haven't been there in a while so I thought I would go.  I ran into a nice couple that I have seen before.  It turns out that I went to high school with their daughter, Debbie.  She was so nice and she played the flute in marching band with me.  No wonder they always looked familiar to me.  They were very involved with band boosters like Mom was.  Then I saw a former student's Grandmother there.  I had a nice chat with her.  It was lots of fun.  From there I came home to teach Bob his lesson.  I had Katie, Isaac, and Laith's lessons after.  I have 2 new students with the online company this month.  One of them is a temp student until January.  She is in a show and needs to learn the music.  I will call the parents tomorrow.

I am tired as usual tonight.  I do hope to sleep better tonight.  I have to be up by 11:30 because Debbie is coming over to pick out 2 violins for a fundraiser she is heading up.  I also have to burn 2 CDs for Aaiyanna.  Her CDs are not working too well now.  She is only 7 and I don't think she takes super good care like an older child would.  Since it is a copied CD, I don't mind having to burn new CDs.  I expect them to need to be replaced every so often.

My tummy is a bit sore tonight.  I am not sure why but it is.  With me, who knows why anything happens.  Pain come and goes all the time.

I am watching House Hunters.  It is a rather amusing show to me.  This couple is looking for the first house and they are so picky but their budget is really small.  They want 3 bedrooms, large yard, large kitchen, and completely move in ready with a really small budget.  The wife wants perfect move in ready without having to do anything, no painting, and things like that.  The husband wants a good "value".  He is already looking to when they sell the house down the road.  Oh my!  It is making me giggle.  The word compromise is not really in their vocabulary.  The husband just now (after seeing over 30 homes) said maybe they would have to compromise.  Hm, even people who spend over a million dollars must compromise.  I think the new show tomorrow would be funny to watch but it is on at the same time as my NCIS so I won't be able to watch it unless they rerun it.  With HGTV they very well may.  It is called, My House, Your Money.  The parents are helping to buy the house with the kids so that will be funny.

I get to see my friend, Jennie Ross this week.  We are meeting on Wednesday for lunch.  Yes, I will have to get up early, but hey!  I get to see and hang out with Jennie so it is totally worth it to me.  To make the week even better?  I may get to see my friend, Wendy Davis on Friday for tea!  I mean add lessons in and that spells an awesome week.  I won't have any lessons on Sunday because Rick is gone for 2 months and my lovely Katie is getting her wisdom teeth out on Friday.  She is such a wonderful girl.  She really is.  I just simply adore her.  She has grown so much in the last 5 years.  Katie really has a good head on her shoulders.  She is very thoughtful and thinks about things before she does them.  I am so proud of her.  She is also seriously considering joining the church choir.  She attends the same church I do and I have told her all about the choir.  I do hope she is able to join but right now she is working on Sundays.

I do hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment