Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles Night 11-15

Tuesdays are good nights for TV for me because my favorite shows are on.  I don't watch a whole lot of shows, but I will admit to being crazy about NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles.  they are action packed and the good guys always win!  Sometimes it is a bit gross with the bodies, but I don't look when it is like that.  Since I can't stand the sight of blood, I usually just listen to the scenes that are in the autopsy room.  I like how the teams work with each other and the characters are so interesting to me.  All in all, I am glad I started watching them even though at first I stuck my nose up in the air with them.  I was annoyed because they took the place of JAG for a few weeks and I loved JAG.  As a matter of fact, I have all 10 season of JAG.  I think because we were an army family that I can identify with the families who have members serving the military.  Now, Mom was in the reserves, which I know is a bit different, but it still means we were a military family.  While there were definite things I disliked intensely about Mom being in the Army, overall, I was very proud of her.  She accomplished a lot and without her and women like her, the women of today would not be at the ranks and jobs that they are in.  Mom was a pioneer.  She broke glass ceilings.  Mom was also very brave and courageous however, she was very shy about talking about her accomplishments.  She was a very humble woman.  I love that about her (one of a million or so reasons I adored my mother!)  Anyways, Mom always said that she was born too soon.  I can only imagine what she could accomplish if she was born 40 years later.  However, I am rather glad she was born when she was since I would not be me if she wasn't.

Today the tummy is a bit better than yesterday.  Most of the time I ignore the pain and the upset tummy.  I just go and take my tummy medicine and pain medicine but sometimes it is difficult to ignore such things.  Last night was one of them.  I think at this point, I am so used to pain that I don't always feel it.  I know it is there, but I can ignore it at times unless I get up (then my hips cry and my legs) or I move wrong and it twinges the pain.  I think because I don't teach or work full time and I have time to make sure I rest it makes a difference.  I don't anticipate actually ever being able to work full time or teach full time again.  The last time I tried that I was in and out of the hospital so much that I knew the ER doctors and nurses and they knew me on sight.  Not really a recommended thing.  I have been in the ER in the last year, but it isn't as much as it used to be so that is good.  I have better medicine now, I think, at least for the moment.

Anyways, I am going to make some dinner now.  I am going to have pasta and veggies.  I forgot to take the chicken out to thaw so no chicken tonight.  I don't mind, I like pasta and veggies without meat too.

Try to have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment