Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday 11-20

I think I am closer to being ready for the Christmas Concert.  Calli was here for an extra lesson.  She is almost ready now with her piano piece and her duet.  We had a good time.  Rebecca was here for her lesson and we have made the choices for her competition music.  She now has her Classical, Broadway, and Inspirational pieces.  I am pleased with her choices.  Her mom and I spoke about a great many things after the lesson.  It is hard to believe that Rebecca is 10.  I remember when they brought her home from Russia.  Next week, Aggie will have her lesson and we will choose what she will sing for competition.  Katie needs to make some decisions too.  She has picked her Classical piece, Se Tu M'Ami, which is one of her best pieces ever, but Broadway and Inspirational is still up in the air.

I am so tired today.  I think I am a broken record with always saying how tired I am.  Today is one of the super tired days, not just the usual tired days.  I missed church because I didn't feel well at 6:30 this morning.  It sort of improved by 1:30 but then I went downstairs and sat in my chair with my feet up in the living room and the next thing I knew it, it was 3 pm.  Yeah, I went and got something to eat and sat back down to rest some more.  I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  Fortunately, by the time Calli arrived I was a bit more perked.  After Calli came Rebecca.  I am finished for the evening now.  I am going to get something to eat and then take my nighttime part 1.

I am watching Law and Order SVU.  It is an old episode, I think from the first season, but it is a good one.  I like this show a lot and the regular Law and Order.  I did like Criminal Intent but I don't know when the show is on so I miss it a lot.  I also liked the one that was on for a short time.  I can't remember the name, it wasn't the Law and Order LA one, but another one.  It ended because one of the actors passed away.  The guy who played Lennie Brisko, however you spell it.  I haven't seen a lot of the newer episodes because Mom was afraid of the show so I haven't seen it for about 3 years now.  I try to remember to watch it on Saturdays when it is on but I sometimes miss it or forget it was on.  It is usually on Wednesdays at 10 pm.

I have been thinking about Thanksgiving much more than I usually do.  I think it is because lots of people are blogging about it too, not just me.  Mom would always have us say one thing we were thankful before we ate dinner.  Sometimes it was hard to think of something because it wasn't something we thought of often.  Be thankful?  We were children who didn't really think about things like that, not until we were older.  I don't remember what I said when I was young.  It was so long ago that I just don't remember that far back.  I do know what I am thankful for now.

Here is my list:
1.  Jesus.  Without him, I would be nowhere.
2.  Kathy.  We have been friends for so long that I don't even have to say hello when I am crying she knows who it is immediately that is just one of thousands of reasons why I am thankful.
3.  Family.  Sometimes you love them, most of the time I don't understand them but when push comes to shove, often they are there.
4.  Friends.  I am very blessed with the friends I have.  They have really helped me not only with the passing of my mother, but before she passed away.  I am thankful for both my bloggy friends, facebook friends, and all the rest of my friends.
5.  Mom.  Even though she is in Heaven.  I am so thankful she was my mother.  I love her so much.  Who else but Vivian A. Paxton could raise me?  She knew me better than anyone else and she stood by me through everything.  When I first became ill at 16, she was there, when I was ill in my mid 20s and was thinking I was going to end up bed ridden, she fought for me.  We had a lot of fun together too.  We would vacation together.  I have so many memories of us together.

  What about you?  what are you thankful for?  One of my bloggy friends challenged her readers to come up with 5 things you are thankful for.  I am thankful that she did because it really got me thinking about thankfulness.

In this week of Thanksgiving, we have much to be Thankful for.  I do hope you are having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment