Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday 11-22

I am watching NCIS Los Angeles right now.  I spoke to Georgette for about an hour and a half.  She is doing well and was anxiously awaiting her Daughter, Emily's arrival home from college.  Georgette is a fellow piano teacher.  I met her years ago when I starting taking my students to the Michigan Music Association Competition.  This is the first year she may not have any students attending.  There is a big basketball tournament that many of her students will be attending the same weekend.  I have about 3 going this year.  Many of my students are brand new and not ready for the competition yet.  Maybe next year.

Tomorrow I have a couple of make up lessons for Thanksgiving.  Brooke and Brianne are going to have their lessons before lunch so they can take off to go up north as soon as their Dad gets off work.  Then I just have my usual 2, Allison and Beth.  I had to go and pick up a few things tonight.  My milk will expire on the 24th so I had to pick up some because there is NO WAY I am going to go to a store on Friday.  i also would be out of pop at that point too.  It was pouring rain too when I went.  Yuck!  I left a few of the groceries in the car because it was raining so hard.  I grabbed the milk and my medicine but I left the rolls, pop, and bread.  I will get the them out of the car tomorrow when it isn't raining.  I figure it will be okay overnight.  I also need to call the scooter store about my scooter.  The batteries don't seem to be holding a charge so I think I will need new batteries unless they say there is something else wrong with the scooter.  I am hoping not.  I really hope it is something simple like needing new batteries.  That is an easy fix.  I will find out shortly when I talk to them.

I am watching House Hunters and I am, as usual, amused at how people want certain things in a house but they don't want to pay for it.  They want everything updated and fixed the way they want it right away.  First thing they usually do is start saying what they will need to change, they always need to change, like an updated kitchen.  It is very amusing.  I get good giggles out of it.  I know my house people would want to change the bathrooms.  They have not been updated and won't be anytime soon.  The kitchen was redone in the late 90s.  We don't have stainless steel appliances, but we have nice white ones.  Our carpets are old except for the family room.  However, since I am NOT selling the house anytime soon, it isn't something I have to work on.  I remember the realtor that was here and she was saying how I had to allow a carpet/flooring allowance.  No I don't.  She also wanted everything off the walls and for me to repaint everywhere except the family room.  Well, I wasn't going to do that.  The new owners would repaint anyways.  However, I knew at that time I was not moving.  People in the family wanted me too, but I didn't want to.  I wanted to stay here and I am glad that I did.  I have everything I need here.  My doctors are all here and that is very important.  I didn't want to have to get new doctors.  I finally have doctors that I like and can work well with that I don't want to start over looking for new ones.  Anyways, I am glad for the decision I made.

I am going to read for a bit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment