Monday, December 12, 2011

It has been a few days since my last post! 12-12

Today is Hannah and Natalie's 16th birthday!!!  It is so hard to believe that they are 16, soon they will be driving!  Time has sure flown with those 2.  They were very small when i met them.  Hannah and Lydia started piano first and then about a year or 2 later, Natalie decided she wanted to learn too.  About a year ago, their younger sister, Sarah, decided she wanted to play too.  At one time, their brother, Peter, played the clarinet.  They are a very musical family.  Mary, age 3, has shown some interest in the piano too.

Last night I went to the Hubels for dinner and a movie.  We watched Monte Carlo.  It was quite cute and very funny.  I thoroughly enjoyed it along with the the family.

I got dizzy again at church during our practice.  This is the 3rd time in 2 months.  I was not really happy about that.  I had to leave the practice because I thought I was going to pass out again.  I think it may be my contacts.  I need to make sure the right prescription is in both eyes.  Right now, they don't and I think that is the problem.  I found the proper prescription so I will switch them this week before church on Sunday.  We are singing some fun music in church right now.  I love Christmas Music.  I could listen to some of it all year long, but I do try to limit myself to just between the day after Thanksgiving and New Year's Day, but sometimes it is hard.  Fortunately, we have to start Christmas music for lessons quite often before Halloween so I get my music early!  Some students play such complicated music that they have to start in September.  I don't mind at all especially this year we had the concert about 2 weeks earlier than usual.  It was a nice change from waiting right until the weekend before Christmas.

Bob had a good lesson.  He will be out of town next week and then he will be off on a cruise until Christmas Day.  I will see him on the Wednesday that week instead of the Monday.  Rachel will be absent next week too.  She just moved into a new house and is getting used to her new room.  She was rather tired during her lesson today.  She is so cute.  Isaac had good lessons today.  He played piano nicely and sang his songs well too.  He has a good voice and well, after my girls heard him sing, they want to sing with them.  I told him he didn't have to.  I am going to ask Charlie if he will sing with Isaac in the spring concert.  I can't believe I am thinking ahead to the Spring Concert already.  We are doing movies.  My older girls will be dressed as Harry Potter Characters while Isaac will be Draco from Harry Potter.  I am rather excited about that.  Rachel isn't sure what she will dress as but I have some music from the Wizard of Oz that she may want to play.  She has a beautiful Dorothy costume that she wore at Halloween that she can wear if she wishes.  It is up to her but I think she would look so adorable as Dorothy playing "Over the Rainbow", still, it is totally up to her.

I am very exhausted this evening.  I got up early for church yesterday and I did take a nap in the afternoon, but I was still a bit tired.  I got up early today for my lovely girls but I didn't have time for a wee nap so I am rather exhausted this evening.  I have a bit of a bad headache tonight that I didn't have earlier, thank goodness for that!  My tummy has calmed down too.  It was upset a bit this afternoon but now is fine.  I don't know why, but hey, you never know with me.  Fibro is a strange beast, you know and you never know when a flare is going to show up that is for sure.  I know some of you are VERY familiar with that beast.

I have to decorate the tree still.  The lights looks so pretty on it.  Heather B-T did a great job on it.  I now have a bag big enough to put the tree in so I can store it in the garage.  I am so glad about that.  I need to decorate the pianos too.  I haven't done it at all yet.  I am seriously thinking of having the girls come and decorate with me this weekend.  I am going to ask if they have not only the time but the interest.  They are such lovely girls.  We are planning to see a movie between Christmas and New Year's.  It will be fun.

I do hope you are having a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I've been putting off putting up the tree due to a flare but today is the day! I love Christmas. With a capital LOVE.

    Hope you're feeling better and that you get to the root of the dizziness problem.

    ReplyDelete