Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF 12-9

I am glad it is Friday and that the concert was last weekend.  I really am.  My lights are on my tree and tomorrow I shall decorate it.  I am excited about decorating the tree.  The lights look so awesome that I am afraid that I will cover them too much.  It took the 3 sets of lights that I had bought and it looks simply beautiful.  Heather B-T did a great job.  Calli picked a new Christmas song to learn for the next few weeks.  It has a super hard part in it but she is doing rather well with it.  Acer had decided against learning a Christmas one.  He is going to learn Wade in the Water from my Ready to Sing Spirituals.  I just need to burn a new CD because I am not sure what happened to the CD that I had.  It is not a problem as I have it in my computer so I just have to open the toast program and then burn a new CD.  I will burn a few of them so that we have extras.  Emily is doing non-Christmas music now too.  She is doing very well with her piano.  I really thing that the computer game is helping her a lot.  Laith liked the game too.  so far, everyone who has tried the game likes it.  I think it has been a good tool for the students.  It is fun and they are learning at the same time.  I like the game myself.  I had to try it before they did.  I haven't heard anyone say they didn't like it.

Tomorrow 2 more violins will be going to my friend, Debbie for her Good Fellows Charity Event next week.  Apparently, they are very popular.  I am glad they are going to good homes and they raise money for the Good Fellows Charity.  I don't have many violins left.  I have had a lot go to charity events this year.  I have a couple of them to finish.  I will do them this winter.  I just don't have time right now, nor do I have the inspiration to do them.  I think that is the biggest thing.  I do hope Debbie brings her lovely daughter, Isabelle.  She is a beautiful little girl and she is so sweet too.  I think she is a really nice little one.  She is in 1st grade and is in the Chinese Program at school.  Acer is also in that program too only they are not in the same classroom.

I have NOT bought the new harry potter movie yet.  It will only be here until the 29th and then it will be gone.  I do hope to have it by then, but bills are needing to be paid so that is why I have not bought it yet.  I love that movie so I plan to get it next week after I pay the doctors bills I have.  I also will have some put away for the taxes.  that is the really important thing to save for.  I am doing pretty well being able to reach my goal by the end of each month so far.  Only 3 more nerve wracking months until the deadline.  So far, I am right on target after a rough beginning this summer.  I will be able to start saving right away for the 2011 taxes.  I am really excited about that.  I will have a bit more flexibility with the budget after March.  I am thankful that I am able to stay here in the house and pay the bills including the taxes.  I really am glad about that.  There isn't anywhere else I would rather be.  My friends are here, my students are here, and my family isn't too far away.

I have had a good day despite a bad headache.  It wasn't bad enough that I needed to cancel any lessons, thank goodness for that!  However, it is still a bad one.  I hope it finally goes back to the regular one by the time I head for bed.  I only have one lesson after all tomorrow.  Brianne is absent because of a family party that is about 3 hours away so no lesson for the lovely young lady.  I will see her next week.  I do hope you are having a good day too.

Before I forget, sometime during the 12 days after Christmas, my fellow blogger, Christine Murray, will be a guest writer of this blog.  She is self publishing her book and it will be in Kindle form.  I am very excited about this!  I can't wait to get her book, although, I don't have a Kindle so I am not sure how I will get it, but somehow I will.  I hope it is the start of a long career for her.  I look forward to her being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment