Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday 12-13

Ah, Tuesday night, my favorite night of TV, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and soon Dance Moms too!  That starts again in January on Kathy's birthday.  I also see Katie and Charlie on Tuesday so that is good too.  My students often make my day better.  My student, Aaiyana didn't come today.  Apparently, her father's car broke down and he couldn't call me and her mom's phone was dead so she couldn't call me either.  We have rescheduled for tomorrow.  I am glad about that.  This way, she and I will still have her lesson since she is supposedly not going to be having lessons in January.  I guess she isn't practicing enough.  The same old store since the beginning of lessons in the world, the lack of practicing.  I hear that so often.  If I had a quarter for every time I have heard that in the last 25 years, I would be rich.  Too bad I didn't start collecting quarters then every time I heard that.  Hmm, maybe I should start now.

I can't believe that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away.  This weekend the girls are coming to decorate.  I am sort of not really that into Christmas this year.  Last year, I was in such shock but this year I am just sad.  I partly wish I could go to sleep this Saturday night and wake up January 2nd.  The other part of me doesn't want to miss anything between now and the end of the year.  I am having lessons the week between Christmas and New Year's.  I am very happy about that.  I used to have to cancel all lessons at that time because no one wanted lessons and this year they do!  So far, there are a couple of cancellations for next week, but not really any for the following week as of right now.  I will have my few lessons for both weeks!  It is a good thing!

I am so excited that my plan for paying the property taxes so far.  If I stay on track, it will be paid by the deadline!  Yes, this is true!  Then I shall start saving EVERY month for the 2011 taxes and some year down the road I will actually be on time and in the right year.  Ugh, this is just crazy.  Boy, get behind 1 year and look what happens.  It is not recommended to get behind in your property taxes.  It really isn't.  I hope to never be behind again once I am on track again.  It is such a crazy place to be.

I bought a new book for the new year.  It is a book for keeping track of bills.  This will improve my current system, by which I mean, tossing the bill and envelope on the table and eventually having to search to find it so I can pay it.  I used to use these type books all the time and I was very organized at that time.   However, I must say that once I lost the store, my organizing skills dropped big time.  It also comes with a receipt organizer too.  I am sure I could use that too since I also do the toss and hope I find it should I need it again.  I did like being organized better than being unorganized.  I am just in a daze a lot of the time from the fibro fog.  Sometimes organizing takes a lot out of me because I have to concentrate for a long time and concentrating is hard for me.  I get brain fog a lot.  I can only concentrate for short periods of time.  That is why my lessons are planned the way they are.  This way, I can rest when I need to.  So far, it is working out for me.

Well, NCIS Los Angeles is almost over and it is a nail biter one.  Sometimes i hate nail biter ones.  Suspense is not always good for me.  However, since I know they wouldn't kill off the main characters, I know it will work out and it did, just in time, naturally.  I love this show.  I can't wait for the new ones after the New Year.  From now until then, it will be re-runs.  They are good and there may even be one I haven't seen yet, since I can't say that I have seen them all, but still, new ones all the time would be a good thing.  I remember when I was young (my gosh, I sound like I am 90 or something!)  Anyways, when I was a child and a teen, shows would run for 26 episodes during the year, now they consider a good season with 13 episodes or maybe a few more.  They are shorter too.  At least they still are making new shows.

I do hope you have had a good day.  Mine was okay, better during lessons, but before and after were just okay.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you'll get your taxes paid! Well done, you've worked so hard at it.

    I know Christmas will be difficult, but I suppose it's a time for being thankful for what you have. Even for the memories.

    ReplyDelete