Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday 11 days before Christmas 12-14

I had a decent day.  My head is the normal pain level and not too high for a change.  My fibro is the normal (for me) pain levels, in other words, dealable and I have milk and bread for the week so I can have my soup and my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch or dinner.

Oh my!  Julie was here after my blood test this morning (don't laugh too hard, I did write morning).  I had to be at the doctor's by 10:20 am.  I was in and out within 10 minutes.  It was amazing.  Also, it was the same nurse as last time and she got the blood in one try!  Talk about wonderful!  After that, I met Julie at my house.  We went through ALL the boxes of books downstairs.  Julie also took the books that were up here in the dining room downstairs on the bookshelf.  It looks so beautiful.  It really does.  We have about 10 to 12 boxes of books going to the library or the St. Vincent de Paul people, wherever Julie thinks is best.  The DVDs will be going down soon.  We have a few things to clear out first so that the furniture can be rearranged and in placed.  I really took a good look at the furniture today.  Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work.  There is so much that needs to be re-stuffed so I have decided that eventually I will be replacing it.  Right now, I don't have the money.  I will look for used, good furniture and also sales at furniture stores but not until the taxes are under control.  I don't need anything fancy.  I really don't.  I also looked at the dining room chairs and they are going to need to be replaced too, eventually, not right away, but eventually they will need to be.  It is kind of upsetting because I had my heart stuck on keeping the furniture but it isn't really good enough for that.  Oh well, time to deal with that later not now.  Right now my money is all accounted for, taxes, taxes, taxes (the property type).  I am happy with how I am doing, like I said yesterday so I know that I can keep to a budget pretty well.  Not super well all the time, but most of it.

I had to run to the music store this evening to pick up Laith's new books.  He is moving from the prep young beginners series to the basic series.  Since he really knows his notes well, this is definitely the move for him.  I am very pleased with his progress, I really am.  I have Samuel, my new little guy tomorrow too.  He had to change days just for this week only.  I didn't mind, I have the time to change since I have lots of room most every day.  I only have a few lessons every day except Sunday when I don't have any that aren't make-ups.  It is a good schedule for me because I have time to rest if I need it.  I tried to rest before Natalie's lesson, but I couldn't sleep so no nap for me.  I went on the computer and face book instead.  I also received an email from Aaiyana's Mom.  Aaiyana, indeed, had girl scouts today so she couldn't have her lesson after all.  I really like that young lady.  She is such a good girl.  Natalie is learning Schubert's "Ave Maria".  She is working very hard on her vowels and her placement.  We ran out of time to work on breathing more so that is first thing next time when we start "Ave Maria".  I think this particular song is one of those songs every singer should know.  You never know when you will be asked to sing it.  I have song it at several funerals and a wedding.  you just never know when the song  will be required, you just don't.

My fellow blogger, Christine Murray, will be releasing her book "Storm in Teacups" soon.  I have offered her to do a guest post sometime between Christmas and New Year's.  I am looking forward to that.  Her book will be released through Amazon.com and a few other places.  I am not exactly sure where the other places are.  I know she said so, but I can't remember.  When it happens, I will let you know.  It is just an exciting thing to be publishing your book.  I self published a cook book for Fibromyalgia.  My brother did the recipes and I did the introduction.  It is a bit dated now since we now know a few more things through research about Fibro but the recipes are very yummy.  They really are.  Andrew is a great cook.  Both of my brothers are great cooks.  At one point, Andrew was considering going to cooking route through school, but changed his mind.  I think he got sick of cooking and now just cooks for fun now.  I used to do this every holiday meal to Andrew, especially if we were having a turkey.  First, I would thaw the turkey like you are supposed to then I would go upstairs to Andrew's room and know on the door.  He would say, "what?"  I would ask what to do first with cooking the turkey.  He would holler through the door what to do.  I would go and do it.  Then I would go back upstairs and ask what was next.  I would do this about 3 to 4 times before he would open the door and say, "I'll be down in a minute."  At that point I would happily go down the stairs and wait for him.  Andrew would generally throw me out of the kitchen and finish the turkey himself, which was exactly what I wanted him to do in the first place.  I did this for years before he finally figured out that I do know how to cook a turkey, but his always taste much better.  This would be because he is a better cook than me.  Now he lives in London and I go somewhere else for the Turkey dinner.  Perhaps, at Easter I will make a dinner for people to come over.  My house will be in better shape at that point.

Well, this is really becoming a long post so I better end now.  I hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment