Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am so off for timing today 1-25

Mariela was here this afternoon.  She is a very nice woman from Argentina.  She did a nice job cleaning and vacuuming the floors.  She scrubbed the utility/kitchen/dining room floor too and vacuumed the rest of the carpeted rooms.  She clean 2 of the 3 bathrooms and boy do they look awfully nice.  I am almost afraid to use them for fear of dirtying them up, almost.  I did make some beef stew tonight for dinner.  I am not really that hungry right now so I don't really want any tonight or at least right now.  I may want some later, I don't know.

I am so off on timing tonight.  I got mixed up at the little ones lesson.  There are 3 girls who share an hour. It works well for us except for some reason I thought I was running slow, when in reality, I wasn't.  Fortunately, her mom asked me about it and it was straightened out right away.  I was able to slow down a bit and do flash cards for each of the girls and then show Aubrey her new part of the theory game.  She was so excited about that.  It is so nice to see how excited they get about this stuff.

I managed to have all the water from the stew dry up.  Yup, I don't know how you can fail at cooking beef stew in the crock-pot, but I did.  I have never had that happen before.  Wow, what can I say?  I don't know if it is even salvageable.  I sure hope so.

I am watching TCM right now and Angela Landsbury is being interviewed.  She is so awesome.  I just love her!  I have seen so many movies and TV shows including "Murder She Wrote".  I have seen EVERY single episode of that show!  I haven't seen all the movies but some of them.  I plan to get the movies DVD soon.  She is such a down to earth woman.  She gives thanks to the people who she worked with whether they are the directors or the actors.  They are talking about "Murder She Wrote" right now.  It was just wonderful.  She is such a nice lady.  I like how she doesn't really talk abut her family.  She barely mentioned that she did talk her family to Ireland when her children were having trouble but she didn't go into detail.  I like that the interviewer did not try to get her to say more either.  He stuck to talking about her career.  That was so wonderful and I just can't describe it.  Apparently, she is the actor of the month for TCM.  They are re-running a lot of her movies.  I will have to check the website for the schedule.  I am glad I stumbled upon it.  I really am.  I was just channel surfing to see what else was on and lo and behold, there it was.  It made me smile when they talked about "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" as well as the "Murder She Wrote".  It made me smile with the memories of Mom and I.  Mom and I would watch "Murder She Wrote" every week together.  I have all the TV episodes but I need her 4 movies after the show was cancelled.  I remember Mom and I racing downstairs on Sunday evenings in our pajamas with our blankets to sit together on the sofa down in the family room.  Angela was also the voice of Mrs. Potts in the "Beauty and the Beast", my favorite movie ever.  I love her singing the song "Beauty and the Beast".  It is simply Beautiful.

I do hope you had a good day!  We will have sunshine on Friday!  (finally!!!!!)  Tomorrow is rain and above 40 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. you do sound a litte off today...hmmmmm, go have some stew, watch some TCM and get a good nights rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put so much effort into making your lessons fun for your students1 You sound like a great teacher.

    Beauty and the Beast is my favourite Disney film. The score is particularly beautiful, and I love Belle. Great film.

    ReplyDelete