Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday/Saturday 3-23/3-24

Once again it is 1:40 in the morning and I am awake.  I went to bed at 10 pm because I just couldn't stay awake, all the while knowing I would wake up in a few hours and be somewhat awake.  The somewhat awake is because the tummy is being annoying as usual, only more annoying than usual.  I don't have to get up early tomorrow so that is good.  I have only 1 lesson at about 1:15 so I can be up at regular time and be wide awake.  I am heading back to the Bowman-Tomlinson house in the afternoon as I as invited by young Mr. Acer to come and have a games afternoon.  How awesome is that?  I would say it is super awesome!  Then on Sunday, Calli and I will be grocery shopping so basically this means I will see the B-T family 3 days in a row!  I think that is pretty cool.

Heather B-T and I had a nice lunch of Chinese food.  She made some Chinese type dumplings and they were super filling.  We had a nice chat and I got the adult time I was aiming for.  I left in time to get my hair washed and dried while she went to pick up children from school.  Emily and Natalie had their lessons too.  So far, several of the students have their Supercalif... music for the concert.  i have to copy and make discs for Natalie and Allison's duet, My Favorite Things.  I think Calli, Breanna, and I am not sure who are going to do the Double Trouble Trio.  I do have to redo it in Finale though as the disc really is missing in action.  That totally bums me out because I know I have seen it in the last year or so.  I did find Katie's Rest Sweet Nymphs but I can't find Double Trouble.  I need to have a better system for discs that have only one song on them.  I think I will have them numbered with the book or sheet music they belong to.  That is the only thing I can think of to do with them.  i am open to new suggestions though.  I will do the song this weekend so I can give it to Calli and Breanna this week.  I originally wanted Calli, Katie, and Aggie but Katie isn't taking lessons right now and I am not sure how often Aggie would be in town to practice so I need to find another person.  I really wanted Isaac to do it, but he is nervous about it.  I think he would do wonderful with it, but he is unsure so he doesn't want to do it.  I may need to really convince him he can do this because I need a third person for when the song goes into 3 parts near the end.  We shall see how it all works out.  Maybe a duet would be okay.  I just don't know.  I will figure it out before the concert.  I need to ask Bill and Heather if there is word on when the concert will be.  I requested either May 20 or May 21.  There will be about 30 or so numbers in it with some of the kids doing duets and trios plus the group song.  I think it will be lots of fun though.  i will have the kids sit in the front 2 rows in order so that the concert will go at a good clip without much lag time in between numbers.  While they are being announced, the student will be heading up to the piano or the microphone for their performance.  This will be Charlie's last concert.  I am super sad about that because he is such a good student!  He is wonderful and I could go on forever about him.  He starts college in July so this is truly the last one.  I plan to have a big cookie that says congratulations for him from the cookie place in Rochester.  I will have to pick it up on the Saturday though because they are closed on Sunday.  I also will have the spring newsletter with a spotlight on him.  I will need about 10 to 12 pictures of him growing up to do that though plus he has to write what he wants to do in the future.  Goodness knows he doesn't want me to write it!

Well, I think I can go back to sleep.  My tummy medicine is slowly starting to work its way around the tummy.  It hurts less than it did when it woke me up about an hour ago.  Silly tummy, if only it wouldn't get like this so often!  Not much I can do about that though.  I was born with tummy troubles and will have them forever I think.

Just think, in 12 hours I will be at the Bowman-Tomlinson house again!  wow, that is a weird thought but it is true.  I am expected by 2:15 so I will be there with bells on!

No comments:

Post a Comment