Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday 3-20

Wow, mid march has come and gone!  We have such beautiful weather that it seems impossible that it isn't April or end of March.  I do hope that we DON'T get a blizzard in April, that would be a slap in the face.  I have a new rug for the landing at the front door and I simply love it.  I moved the old welcome mats and moved them outside so I have room for the new rug.  It blends in really well with the carpet in the living room and the hallway.  I had originally bought 2 of them but they were bigger than i though so I returned the second one since I didn't need it.  Heather B-T helped me put it down and fix it right.  Calli also helped put the old ones on the front porch.  Calli is such a helpful young lady and she is growing up so quickly.  I can't believe she is 12 already!

Tonight is NCIS night.  I love this show.  I think I say that a lot.  The USA channel runs re-runs a lot during the week too and they have awesome marathons on the weekends.  Anyways, Andrew is the one who actually got me into the show.  Silly little brother!  He watched it and kept telling me to watch it.  Andrew loves these type shows a lot.  I finally sat down and watched it with him.  I had to agree, it was a good show.  I have the first 6 season on DVD.  I didn't get the other ones because I have seen them all.

My birthday is in 3 weeks and 4 days away.  I am not sure exactly what I am doing outside of spending the day at Kathy's parents with her and her family!  I did invite a friend to come over to play games the week after the Easter.  I am looking forward to hanging out with Kathy for the whole day.  Her husband and kids will be there too.  I love spending time with them.  Her parents are really nice too.  I have known them most of my life too since I have also known Kathy most of my life so that would make sense that I would know her parents for that long too.  It is the second time in my life that my birthday is on Easter Sunday.  All of my childhood I wanted it to be on Easter.  I have had it on Good Friday, Maude Thursday, the day before Easter, the day after, Palm Sunday, and the days in between, but never on Easter Sunday until a few years ago.  I think it is kind of cool.  Andrew's birthday often falls on Mother's Day.  Mom always said that he was a good Mother's Day present.  I am not sure if I will be able to see him on or near his birthday.  He is very busy all the time.  He and Angie want to move to Toronto soon.  I think there is more work for Andrew there.  He is an outreach worker.  I don't know if he is going to go on to become a counselor or not.  I haven't asked.  I don't think about it when I see him.

I was reading a book about two women who were switched at birth.  One was from New York City and the other was from Pennsylvania and an Amish family.  It was a very interesting story.  I have always been interested in the Amish and Mennonite because they are so different.  I wonder if all the technology we have is really worth it?  Would our lives be better or worse without all the modern conveniences.  I wouldn't mind visiting life like the Amish but I must confess, I really like my modern conveniences.  I like the central heating, a/c, electricity, driving a car, playing on the computer, hot water, and so on so I could only visit, I couldn't stay permanently.  It was a very interesting book though.  I read another by this author.  It was a Christmas book and it was really good too.  It was about a family who lived in North Carolina in Charlotte.  They were well off until the father lost his job.  He never told his family and managed to get scammed so they lose everything.  they planned then to move to New York to her parents who aren't really that nice of people.  On the way, the stop in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and gets lost.  They get in a car accident.  The Amish man they almost hit offers them to stay at his house with his family.  They do and after a few weeks they find a new way to make money and choose to stay near their new friends.  It was a lovely book.  I think I will have Maggie read it too since I know she will love it too.  Kathy really liked it too.

I was super tired when I woke up today.  I felt so tired.  Every muscle in my body felt so tired and was moving so slow.  I finally feel a bit better.  It was just rather strange.  I will be heading to bed a bit early tonight to make sure I don't have that happen again tomorrow.  That is my hope anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I had to come by to say hi! I hope you are feeling better soon. I also hope Spring will stick around . I always appreciate your sweet comments. Thank you. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of doing an Amish style retreat. Not sure if I could do without central heating though, I think I'd be stiff as a board in a matter of hours!

    ReplyDelete