Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day

I have never liked April Fool's Day.  When I was a child, I would manage to be absent from school on those days.  It isn't that I was always getting a joke pulled on, I just didn't find a lot of the practical jokes very funny.  When it comes to practical jokes, I do not have much of a sense of humor unless they are truly harmless.  Fortunately, as an adult I have not been around too many practical jokes.

It has been a quiet type day.  I went to church.  It was a good service.  It was communion Sunday as well as Palm Sunday.  We sang at the start of the service, which is unusual.  Usually, we sing sometime in the middle of the singing but not at the beginning.  It was a song we have sung before so we pretty much knew it by heart.  I wasn't sure I would, but I did.  We have a rehearsal earlier than usual on Thursday.  I have emailed my student asking if they can come earlier than usual because of this.  They don't have school on Thursday so I am hoping it will not be a problem.  If they can't, I will just be late.  That won't be a huge problem because I will let Lee know, I would just prefer to not be late so that I am sure what we are doing on Sunday.  After church, I will be spending the day with Kathy, her family, and her parents.  It should be a fun day especially as it will be my birthday as well as Easter.

I simply love Easter.  Sometimes I think I love it more than Christmas Day, but not the Christmas season.  I love the Christmas Season because of how (most of the time) people treat one another.  They start thinking of other people and treating each other nicely.  Easter is nice too because people do think of others, not as much as they do at Christmas, but it is close.  I went to Walmart yesterday for a few small things.  Okay, a lot (I mean a lot!) of money later, I came out without the second thing I needed from there.  Fortunately, I remember just as I was about to leave so I went back in and got what I needed.  I did manage to get a few things I didn't necessarily need, like a new book and a new DVD, Bambi.  I bought Bambi II a few months ago but realized that I didn't have the original Bambi so I picked it up yesterday.  Fortunately, I won't have to go there anytime soon so I don't have to worry about over spending.  As it is, I owe my savings account about $113 for shopping yesterday.

I am getting tired, soon I will go back to bed for the evening but right now I am drying some clothes so I have something to wear this week.  It is kind of necessary you know.  A complete boring job, but a necessary one since I don't have the money to buy a new outfit for everyday.  Wow, that would be a lot of clothes, I don't think that much would even fit in my closet or my drawers.

I do hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment