Friday, April 20, 2012

It's Friday! 4-20

I can't believe it is Friday again!  Wasn't it just Friday yesterday?  It sure seems that way that is for sure!  Anyways, it has been a decent day.  Painwise, my head is the normal pain and the fingers are rather sore as usual, but the rest of the pain is the normal pain, nothing is above the regular pain that I have everyday.

Calli and Natalie started working on Double Trouble even though I don't have the CD available right this minute.  I am hoping to find it on the other computer.  I am really hoping so.  I will check it tomorrow when I pull the computer out of the box.  Natalie brought it up for me.  I thought it was super heavy and she brings it up like it is nothing.  Wow, I am truly wimpy.  A 11 year old student can carry something that I can't.

Acer was so excited about his new yo-yo today.  It is so cute how excited he gets about yo-yos.  He was jumping up and down when he showed me the new one.  He is such a cute kid.  He is doing very well with his spring concert song, "Heigh Ho" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  He is playing that on the piano.  His vocal song is "Summertime".  My friend, Kelly Lynn has a friend that raised the song about a 3rd for me since the original was either too high or too low for him.  I am trying to teach him about placement right now.  So far, he is doing pretty well although I do have to remind him since it is new to him.  I think once he gets used to the new technique, it will be second nature to him.

Calli is doing very well.  She almost has Minuet in G by J. S. Bach down pat.  I foresee about one more week and then she will be rockin' out the song!  Her vocal piece, "Once Upon a Dream" is wonderful and she is doing awesome at it.  Calli works very hard all the time.  She wants to do a good job and really master the song whatever it is.  I love her work ethic.  Whether it is music or sports or school work, Calli wants to learn it and learn it well.  She doesn't ever do a half baked job, not that I have ever seen in the 3 years I have been lucky enough to know the young lady.  Her main goal right now is to be on the Paraolympic team in 2020 for Goalball.  She is very serious about Goalball.  It is a wonderful sport for the blind.  I hope to see her in the Paraolympics in 2020.

Emily is working on the song, "The Bare Necessities".  She learned the first page for this week and today we went over the entire 4 pages.  This is the longest song she has ever played.  I am so proud of all my students with how well they are doing.  I simply adore them all.  I think they all know that I think each of them is very special and they all are.

It has been a quiet week since the Bowman-Tomlinson family went home Tuesday night.  They didn't have power for a couple of days so they came here because I had power.  It was nice to have unexpected company.  I am glad that I have the extra room for them.

Tomorrow I have an hour lesson with Camille.  We will spend a lot of time on her spring concert song, "Reflection" from Mulan.  I am thankful for the extra time to work with the lovely young lady.  Camille is also a very serious young student.  I have a couple of make up lesson tomorrow from earlier in the week.  My 3 lovely young ladies will be having their lesson at noon.  Their mom had to have a CT scan on Wednesday and needed to change the lesson.  It wasn't a problem for me.  I try to be as flexible as much as possible.  I figure if I am flexible with them they will be flexible with me when I need to change times or days like I did this past Monday.  I will have another scope in a couple of months to check on the status of my ulcer.  I am hopeful it will heal by then or be healing at that point.

Outside of church on Sunday, I don't have plans at this time.  I am hoping that I will be able to take my girls out for my birthday after church.  Perhaps my girls (the Muglias) will be available to hang out for a while.  I face booked them to see if they are available.  Last week Lydia was confirmed in her church along with her brother Peter.  I saw the pictures and she looked very pretty.  It reminded me when I was confirmed.  Kathy and I were confirmed in the 6th grade although the church we grew up in now has confirmation in 8th grade.  We spent the school year learning about our faith as well as faiths of others.  i remember going to other churches to learn the difference between them and what we believe.  I really think that was a good idea because then we were learning so much more than just what our church believes.  Other than that, I don't remember too much about it.  I do remember I felt so grown up after confirmation.  I really wanted to participate in confirmation.  When our church sent Mom info about the class, I was very excited about it.  The biggest problem would be paying for the retreats.  At that time we were very poor and struggling to meet the bills.  Fortunately, our church had a fund to help students like me.  They also covered my brother's fees when he was confirmed the next year.  Mom was excited for us to be confirmed too just like Lydia and Peter's parents were excited for them.

I don't have any random thoughts today.  Hmm, I wonder why.  Oh well, it is Friday!  That means the weekend is here.  My schedule is a bit backward than most.  I can sleep in during the week but Saturday and Sunday I have to be up earlier.  Saturday isn't too bad because I usually teach at about 1 but Sunday is a whole different story.  I have to be up by 6:45 in order to be in church on time for practice before the service.  I do hope you are having a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment