Monday, April 30, 2012

Last day of the month

Another month is about to end.  May Day is tomorrow.  I read in my books how important May Day celebration was.  In Henry VIII's time, it was a wonderful celebration.  In ancient days it was a day to thank the gods.  They had bon fires and jumped over them.  It was a celebration for all people, no matter what their station in life.  Now, it is a day on the calendar.  Momma used to love the day when we were small because at school we used to have a maypole that we would dance around.  It was always a good time.  Momma sometimes made us a Maypole to dance around when we were very small.  I wish we had pictures of some of the things Mom made for us.  Mom was very creative.  Of course, after my father left she had to work 2 jobs and didn't have time for these small things.  I am glad I still remember some of this stuff, I just wish we had pictures but we don't.

Anyways, May means Spring Concert time!  I usually have the concert in April, but this year it is later than normal because of some of the students schedule.  So far, the students are doing pretty well and most are almost ready.  By the time the concert arrives, all of them should be ready.  I pretty sure about that.  Isaac is working on his "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter.  He is singing "Be Kind to Your Parents".  I think he will be ready.  Little Rachel had her lesson today too.  She is such a beautiful little girl.  We had some laughs at the lesson today.  She is such a great little student.  Rachel is playing "Chim Chim Cheree" from Mary Poppins.  I asked her if she was going to wear a pretty dress or a costume for the concert.  She looked at me and smiled but said no, she didn't have a Mary Poppins costume so she is wearing a pretty dress.  I had to smile when she said that.  Rachel is a tiny blond hair/blue eyed young lady.  I love her laugh, it is so cute.  Rachel just started her level C books.  Today was a new hand position for her.  I think she is doing wonderful.

Yesterday was such a good day.  I went to church, as usual.  It was a good sermon about anger.  I do have a lot of anger at times.  I am angry about some things that happened in the last few years.  I am trying to work through the anger, but it is so hard.  Letting go of anger is one of the hardest things for me to do.  I am angry at some members of my family that hasn't gone away yet.  It certainly isn't righteous anger like Jesus and God.  It is really the sin kind of anger.  I am working slowly through it.  I am certainly not as angry as I was, but the anger does come up every so often.  I am not angry all the time either, just sometimes.  It mostly is when I think about it when it shows up.  I would say at times I am even angry at being sick.  It is hard to be sick some days because the hope of getting better isn't on the horizon too often.  I also get angry at being sick because I have family members who can't handle or deal with the fact that I am sick.  It is more like, you sleep too much, you never feel well, comments like that.  I can't help being ill, but apparently, to some of my family, I should be able to just take something and be immediately "normal" again.  Yeah, Mom used to get mad at comments family would say.  It is kind of weird, but my friends understand my limitations better than my family does.

After church I took a nap before I went to a MMA meeting.  Oh my, what a crazy day.  The meeting was supposed to be a closing the fiscal year and so much more has happened.  I don't know.  I should have handled a situation differently, but I didn't and it has caused major drama.  I sure hope the drama is over because I don't like drama.  I did learn an important lesson though, always deal with the situation right away instead of not because it snowballs and it always snowballs apparently.  The meeting lasted 4 1/2 hours.  That was a super looooong meeting although it didn't seem like it was to long at the time.  I had dinner with the Hubel family and watched a couple of episodes of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.  We had hamburgers and salad.  It was so good too.

I am getting rather tired now.  I am going to read for a few minutes.  Tomorrow I have to get a blood test for my protime.

No comments:

Post a Comment