Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday 4-2

Can you believe it is April already???  It amazes me how fast winter went and how warm it was this year.  I am thankful it was warm though because I ache less in the warmer weather (not hot though, I ache more in the super hot weather).  Today I only had 2 students, Rachel and Selma.  bob rescheduled for Wednesday and Isaac is absent this week.  On Friday we are going to Baskin Robbins for ice cream to celebrate my birthday on Sunday.  My little Rachel, can't make it.  She won't be with her Grandma that day, she will be at the sitters so her Grandma decided to go and get the three of us ice cream sundaes.  Talk about a wonderful person!  She said since Rachel and she can't make it on Friday, she would be bring the ice cream to us.  It was wonderful!  We sat and ate ice cream while we visited together.  They came earlier than usual because Rachel is off school for vacation.  I am so thankful for that.  We had such a good visit.  My lovely little one gave me lots of hugs for my birthday.  She is such a wonderful little girl.  Rachel is doing well with piano.  She is really coming along.  Rachel started last June and has almost finished the first two books.  I am so proud of her.  I have her level C books.  We are just waiting for the solo book to come in.  She will finish her level B books next week.  She is playing the last lesson book songs and working on the last of her note speller and theory books.  I just love her.  She is one of my amazing students.  I have lots.  I think all my students are awesome and doing very well.

Most of the students have the week off because of Spring Break.  It used to be called Easter Vacation and it would start Good Friday to Easter Sunday but a couple of years ago the school systems around here changed when it would be so now it is the first week of April.  It was confusing at first, but not now.  I don't have as many absent this week as I thought I would so that is good.  I have a full schedule except for Charlie tomorrow.  He is going to Georgia with his girlfriend's family.  I hope they are having a great time so far.  I think they left Saturday.

I was so tired this afternoon.  I got up for my lovely Rachel's lesson and then after they left, I must admit, I did take a nap until Selma arrived.  Selma arrived at 6:30 so i slept for about 1 1/2 hours.  I am still rather exhausted but I expect to sleep a bit better tonight.

I am excited about Wednesday this week.  I will see my friend from high school, Wendy that day.  We are meeting for lunch and I expect it will be fun.  Wendy is so nice and I am so glad we have gotten to know each other better.  We didn't really know each other in high school and reconnected on face book. I am thankful for face book because I have reconnected with several friends and school mates.  It has been wonderful.  I will see Jennie in a couple of weeks and that will be fun too.  We meet about once every few months.  I saw her in February so I am looking forward to seeing her again.

Well, I am going to read for a bit before going back to bed.  I hope your day is a good one.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like most of the country is enjoying an early Spring...not so here! One more day of rain and I am liable to go bonkers..;j take care and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete