Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday 4-21

NCIS is right now.  It is a re-run but as always, a good one.  I do love this show.  It is the one where the director, Jenny Shepherd was killed.

I took a brief (2 hour) nap this evening.  I am still rather tired but I have church tomorrow so I will go to bed early.  I am taking my girls (the muglias) for a while tomorrow afternoon when they are done with church.  I plan to pick them up about 12 noon which means I will have a short nap after church tomorrow.  It won't be a problem.  I do get teased a bit about my after church nap but I don't mind.  It is the truth after all.  I do usually take a nap after church pretty much every week.  On Thursday, it was announced we will not be taking the summer off from choir.  It works for me!  I love singing in church.

Tomorrow we are singing, "Your Grace Amazes Me".  It is such a great song and so true!  We are singing a few other songs with the congregation that I like to like "Holy, Holy, Holy".  The songs that our choir director picks are usually good ones.  My student, Katie will be joining choir after her mission to Haiti.  She is leaving in mid May for, I think, 2 weeks.  I am not sure exactly how long she will be gone for.  I am so excited that she is going.  She will learn so much while she is there.

Today, Breanna and Katie auditioned for a scholarship.  I have no idea how they have done as neither has let me know.  I don't know if they know who got the 2 scholarships or not.  Last year the decision was made really fast and the students knew that night.  Katie is a senior this year and Breanna is a junior.  Katie isn't sure where she is going to go to school next year or what her major will be.  She is mulling over a few choices and majors.  Breanna is planning to go into music but she isn't sure where.  I know she is planning to tryout for XFactor this summer and possibly American Idol.  Right now we are working on the spring concert song she is playing and singing.  She is going to perform, "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You".  The Elvis song from Lilo and Stitch.  Since the music must be from a movie, she picked that one.  My smallest students will not be playing songs from movies as the songs are still too hard for my tiniest ones but that is okay.  My six smallest are so adorable.  Of course, I happen to think that all  my students are simply adorable.  I love them all.  Today, I had a new student named Brianna.  She is 13 and is in 7th grade.  She is a friend of Calli's from her old school in the vision impaired classroom.  Now she goes to a different middle school.  Brianna brought her note taker with her.  I am going to have her download 3 songs next week into her note taker so she will have the words when we work on them next week.  She has a very nice voice and I think we will have a good time working together.  I think after another week she will know the layout of the hallway and the living room of my house much better.  Calli pretty much knows the layout of my entire house by now especially since she spent the night here a few days ago.  I was just glad to help my friends out.

I have decided that I don't really want any pets at this point.  I had thought about a dog recently, but I really don't want one now.  Maybe in the future, but right now I don't.  Heather B-T brought Maisy with her and she kind of frightened by small students so I don't think it is a good idea to have a dog since it may frighten some students.  I don't want a cat because I have students who are very, very allergic to them so basically, I just don't want a pet at this point.  I think that would be the safest idea for me.  Anytime I get the urge to get a pet, I will just buy a new beanie baby and that will solve the issue.

I bought the movie, "We bought a zoo" last week.  I have to watch it.  I may do that tomorrow afternoon.  I have several movies I need to watch that I have bought in the last 3 years.  Some of them I bought for Mom and I to watch but she became afraid of TV so I didn't put them on in case they frightened her.  I so miss her.  I think I miss her more now than when I first lost her.  I was in such a daze and the "this can't be real" feeling for about 9 to 10 months.  Now I know it is real and it is horrible.  It makes me wonder how people last years and years after their loved one passes away.  It just seems impossible that she is gone and not sitting next to me at the table watching NCIS.  We spent so much time together and did so much together.  I am used to being without Mom, but I can't say i like it any better than I did when she first died.  I simply don't like it.  I wish she were here with me.  I do look forward to seeing her again in Heaven some day.  That thought sustains me at my darkest moments and I do have them frequently.  I just miss her so much.

Well, I am going to read a bit before heading to bed.  I am looking forward to being with my lovely girls tomorrow.  They have no idea what I have in store for them!  I love surprising them.  They are like my nieces.  They think of me as an aunt and a piano teacher.  I just adore them to pieces.  They are such special girls.

I hope your day was good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment