Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday 4-24

Why do they always want to change things?  This new interface is not as nice as the old.  It is like facebook, you do NOT have to always change things.  For example, my favorite Chinese restaurant has NEVER changed the menu because what they have is awesome and the amount of people who frequent the restaurant proves it.  When Mom was here, she and I went at least once a week there for dinner.  We had our favorites, the diner up the street and the Chinese restaurant.  Wow, now I want Chinese for dinner and I am full.  I will plan for that tomorrow.  i love their almond chicken, shrimp fried rice, and their broccoli and shrimp dinners.  I am making my mouth water and I am not even hungry.  Anyways, this is just to illustrate an idea.

I had very few lessons today.  David is ill and Charlie has another event he must attend so he will have an hour lesson next week.  David will hopefully be healthy enough for lessons tomorrow.  Aaiyana rescheduled her lesson for tomorrow while Rahul has changed to Tuesdays now instead of Wednesdays.  This way he and his brother will be on the same day.  Bob had rescheduled his lesson today too since yesterday he was working and tomorrow he has to take the puppies to the vet so he was free today, so he came this afternoon.  Bob is doing very well.  He is playing, "Beyond the Sea" for the spring concert.  I haven't picked anything for Rahul or for Sam yet.  I will pick something next week that we will practice until the concert.  I am not sure how Rahul will sit during the concert, but I will find out.  We will talk about the concert every week until the concert.  Sam will do alright once he chooses his song.  I think he will be just fine.  Natalie and Hannah are working on the program covers.  Natalie, Hannah, Lydia, and Calli will all be announcing in the concert.  I will have the songs in a word document on a flash drive for Calli so she can read it on her notetaker.  Speaking of notetakers, I have to put 2 songs in a word document for my new Brianna on a flash drive for her before her lesson on Saturday.

Tonight is NCIS night.  I love those shows so I am always excited about Tuesday evenings.  I do think NCIS Los Angeles is a re-run but I am not sure if I have seen it before or not.  I will find out tonight though.  I haven't pulled the other computer out yet.  I am going to do this tomorrow afternoon before lessons.  I have to copy some stuff for Allison tomorrow now that I have ink for the scanner.  I ran out of ink last week when I was copying stuff for her.  It was rather annoying that I didn't have another one ready to go.  I usually do because this way i never run out of ink.

NCIS is a re-run but since I can't remember it too well, I don't mind.  The man who was supposed to cut my grass showed up today after Carolyn cut it for me.  I was not a happy camper with him as I already paid him.  I will be canceling him after he cuts it one time since I already paid him.  Carolyn wants to cut it this summer so I am happy to have her do it.  She is such a cutie.  Carolyn is not going to be in choir practice this week because she will be interviewing for a job on Mackinac Island for next summer.  She is so cute.  She was like, you will have to put up with me until then.  I commented back on how hard that would be and laughed.  She is an easy going 17 year old lovely young lady.  Carolyn is homeschooled and is so proud of herself because she finished her school work for the school year.  I am not sure if she knows what she wants to do with her life after high school, but knowing her, it will be interesting.  She comes from a very nice family who really watch out for me and other neighbors.  It is nice to live in such a nice neighborhood with good neighbors.

I called the stomach doctor's office today like I was supposed to.  Apparently, Dr. Tayeb was incorrect. It takes more than one week before the results of a biopsy and scope are in so I will call again next week.  So far, I haven't had too much trouble with the tummy with the new medicine.  I am not feeling too well tonight, but it should be okay by the time I go to bed.  I took some tummy medicine.  I am not sure what exactly I expect the doctor to say that I already heard, but one never knows.  It is more of a precaution to call and double check with them.

I love the chemistry between Ziva and Tony.  It is so fun.  The flirt with each other and it is so fun to watch.  I do hope at the very end of the series, as they did with JAG, that Tony and Ziva get married like Mac and Harm did.  It made the end of the series less painful (since it was ending) and fun.  It gave hope for the future between them.  I had originally wanted to see Tony and Kate get together, but unfortunately, Kate died in the line of duty protecting Gibbs.  Gibbs is by far my favorite character on the show with Abby a close second.  Abby is so interesting and fun.  The TV just said the "final 3 episodes begin next week."  What do they mean the final three?  They can't be taking my favorite show off the air!  They just can't.  Apparently, they are.  I am so sad now.  At least I hope that NCIS Los Angeles will last longer.  Oh my.  I may have to get seasons 7, 8, 9, 10 on DVD eventually to have the entire series on DVD.  I can, however, watch the re-runs on USA for now!  Thank goodness!  That would just break my heart.  Okay, I think it has not been cancelled from what some of the other websites say so I will just have to wait and see.  I love this show!  I think I have said that before.

I almost forgot!  My friend, Julie had her heart surgery today.  To think that several years ago, she would have had to have a full heart transplant to save her life, today, they just replace or fix the valve.  From what Ross says (her husband) she is doing very well.  She has to lie flat for 6 hours after the surgery so in about 15 minutes she will be able to move.  Julie is tired, but that is understandable.  She gets to leave the hospital tomorrow night.  Can you imagine?  Heart surgery today, home tomorrow?  The advances of modern medicine.  We have been told that she will feel better almost immediately so I am so hopeful about that.  I am so glad that she is doing well and coming home soon.

I do hope you are having a good day.  It hasn't been too bad for me.  I can't wait to speak to Julie this weekend.  I figured I would give her a few days to relax and be resting before I call.  I am so glad she is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment