Thursday, May 10, 2012

Choir Night 5-10

Tonight was choir practice.  We worked on 3 pieces that we will be singing in the next 3 Sundays.  We are also going to be teaching the congregation a new song during corporate singing.  It is a song we sang in choir for special music a few months or so ago.  It is a nice piece that I think the congregation will like. I won't be in church a week from Sunday because of the Spring Concert.  I have put it in PCO to let them know I won't be there but I wanted to let the director know ahead of time.  He chuckled when I said I would most likely be printing the program on that Sunday.  He was a teacher so he totally understands.  I don't create the program too far in advanced because there are always changes or mostly always.  For the last few concerts, I haven't had to change too much.

My new crock-pot does not work on high.  Once this roast is finished (it is being cooked right now) tomorrow, I will have to clean it and exchange it.  I am very bummed about this because I love using the crock-pot.  I will take care of this on the weekend.

I was working on the subdivision newsletter when I realized I accidentally erased the Easter Bunny pictures.  I was rather upset with myself but fortunately, Carolyn has them on her computer so she will copy them again for me.  I am glad about that!  Now I can finish the newsletter this weekend and have it printed and passed out.

I called the tummy doctor again but I missed the person who has the results so I need to call tomorrow after 10:30 am.  I will call again tomorrow when I wake up because it WILL be after 10:30 am.  The only day I am usually a morning person would be on Sunday for church.

Melissa was at choir practice tonight.  She is home from college so she is coming to sing in the choir with her sister.  Carolyn and Melissa are both such nice young ladies.  Actually, all 5 of them are wonderful.  There are 2 boys and 3 girls in the family.  Both Carolyn and Melissa have good voices.  We three sing the second soprano part when it is called for.  I no longer can hit the super high notes I used to be able to hit.  Most of the time it doesn't bother me but sometimes it does.  I don't think I appreciated the sound on the high notes that I had.  I miss them sometimes now.  On Sunday, Carolyn is going to braid my hair the way she braided hers and her sister's hair.  Looks so cute.  It is a french braid the stars on one side of the head and go around to the other.  I really liked how it turned out.  I have to be at church even earlier now so I can get my hair braided.  I am also picking up Donna, as of right now, anyway.  I am supposed to call and remind her on Saturday and then call on Sunday to wake her up.

I am getting tired now.  It is almost time for bed so I will read for a bit and then head for bed.  I hope your day was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment