Thursday, May 31, 2012

End of Month Already??? 5-31

It is the end of the month already, wow.  We are having the weirdest weather this year.  It was over 90 degrees Sunday and Monday and then starting Tueday, it cooled to the 60s.  I had to pull the sweats out again because I was cold.  Tomorrow is supposed to be raining all day and in the mid 60s.  Saturday is supposed to be in the high 60s with Sunday starting in the mid 70s for the week.  I like the high 70s weather much better than anything else since I tend to ache MUCH LESS in that type of weather.

I missed choir practice tonight because of the subdivision meeting.  I got there rather late because of teaching, but that was okay.  I heard the important stuff.  I did pretty well with the snack food they had.  I had one piece of chicken and that was it.  I am pleased about that.  I stayed for a bit afterwards and talked to some neighbors.  One of my neighbors, Mr. Torkelson, has Alzheimer's like momma did.  His daughter and family also live in our subdivision.  She and her mother are taking care of him at home and so far, are able to keep him home.  I gave my neighbors son in law some suggestions on how to bathe him because he is moving down into the dining room for a bedroom.  I told him about the shampoo that you wipe on hair and wipe off.  I also told him about the pre-moistened and pre-soaped wash clothes.  He hadn't heard about the.  He said he would tell his wife and mother in law about it.  I did talk to another neighbor and asked about her daughter.  She and I used to play together as children.  Kay Kay (that is what we called her) is doing well and has teenage sons.  She lives about an hour from me.  Kay Kay as always very nice to me and my friends.  Our backyard was the cool backyard of the subdivision.  Everyone loved to hang out in our backyard.  I shudder to think of what my backyard looks like at this point.  The gardens are growing weeds so beautifully.  I think I have a couple of shrubs left in the back yard, but I am not sure.  I haven't actually looked at my backyard in a while.  Hm, perhaps I should see what shape it is in.  I can't go out the back door because the steps are missing so I will have to walk around to the back yard.  I know there are two small trees that Sean and Carolyn are going to cut down on the patio.  The patio stones so desperately need to be re-leveled, it is just something I can't do.  The ground where the poplar tree was is sinking in so more dirt needs to be put there.  There is just work I can't do so I am not going to worry about it right now.

Anyways, I am quite tired tonight and after a full day, I am going to read for a bit before turning in for the night.  I do hope I sleep through the night, although, we all know how hard that can be.  I do hope physical therapy helps my poor sleeping a bit, even a tiny bit would be a great improvement.  I don't think physical therapy will be able to make a huge dent in the sleeping issue as it is caused from fibro, but a small dent would be an improvement.  Happy last day of May!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment