Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I have the estimate - 5-2

I have the estimate and I have not fainted - yet.  It will cost about $400.  I can pay in 2 payments so that is a relief.  I also called the county this afternoon only to find out I should NOT have been putting my tax money in my savings account but sending it in.  Silly me.  So I will send a check to them tomorrow.  I kind of thought I should be able to make a payment at anytime, but I wasn't sure.  I guess I should have called in March, but I didn't.  I will take care of it so I will be on schedule.  I am behind one month of savings for payment but I will make that up this month.

The sink will be put in on Friday.  They will arrive between 9 and 10 am.  I will get up early so that I will be awake when they are here.  it won't be that bad because I will nap while they are fixing my sink.  I am anxious to see a nice sink in the bathroom that doesn't have rust holes, but hey, I am rather bummed that I have to do this now.  Then again, is it ever a good time to have to replace any type of plumbing thing?  I don't think so.  However, I am thankful I can deal with this and I have good company to work with.  We have used them before so I think that is what helped me be able to get a payment plan.

It was a light teaching day.  It usually is on Wednesday.  I don't mind because tomorrow is a full, well, as full as I get, teaching day although Breanna is absent again.  I am bummed but she says she will be here next week.  Bob had his lesson today since he was absent on Monday.  We worked on his Prelude by Bach.  We started the 2nd page.  There was a goofy fingering for the right hand on the first line.  We had to fix it.  He and I both agreed that you can't really slide finger one under finger two from an A natural to a B flat.  It is extremely awkward.  There was another awkward fingering, but there isn't anything we can do about that one.  We both tried and we came to the conclusion that he will just have to jump his left hand down.  There is just no other way to do this.  We didn't get time to play his Handel Sonatina, just ran out of town since we spent so much time on the Prelude.  It isn't such a big deal though.  I am sure it sounds good though.  Bob practices hard and works at making the music smooth without mistakes.

I need to have my bangs trimmed on Friday.  They are getting in my eyes and that is not good.  It bothers me when they do that.  I think I get the bangs cut every 6 to 8 weeks.  My hair grows kind of fast in the front, but slower in the back.  It is about 1/2 down my back right now.  My goal is to have hair long enough to donate but still be able to put it in a ponytail.  I like wearing my hair in a ponytail these days.

I am getting tired now so I am going to finish up a few things before I head for bed.  I do hope you had a good day.  I ached a bit more than usual today because of the dampness and mugginess outside today.    I did expect that I would ache more.  I have to remember to call the hospital tomorrow for physical therapy and occupational therapy.  My left hand pointer finger hurts a lot when I try to close my hand.  Sometimes it hurts even when I don't try to close my hand.  It is the arthritis.  I have it is several joints as well as my back and hips.  That is why I have trouble walking or standing for a long time.  I use a scooter for many activities because I can't stand or walk for a long while.  It is just the way it is.  I am hoping that the physical therapy will help.

1 comment:

  1. well, that's good, on the not fainting part! But that's a chunk of money that I sure don't have. I will be great to have it finished and it should last another fifty years so you don't have to worry about it! I'm just full of good news today eh? take care and be sure to call the hospital or I'm coming over...;j

    ReplyDelete