Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday - 5-26

It is Memorial Weekend this weekend.  I had one student today and will have none tomorrow but 3 on Monday so that is good.  I would have had Rick's lesson (he is back from being out of town for 2 1/2 months) tomorrow but as I already made plans I asked if we could do either today or Monday just this weekend.  He chose Monday.  It works fine for me.  I am looking forward to tomorrow with the girls in the afternoon.  I think we will either do dinner or ice cream after.  Pretty much whatever they choose works for me.

I am still re-reading Harry Potter number 4 right now.  I am about 1/2 way through it.  I am at the part where Harry just performed the first task of the competition and Ron realizes that someone wants Harry dead.  It is such a good book.  I just love it.  Of course, I love all the books of Harry Potter.  The girls are re-watching the Lord of the Rings movies right now too so I am bringing the extended versions for them tomorrow.  Their dad rented the Fellowship of the Ring theatrical version so I am bringing them the extended ones for them to watch.  I love those movies too.  I tried to re-read the books (I think I read them in high school because I had to) and I just couldn't get into them.  I will stick to the movies because they are so good.  I am watching the extended version part 2 right now, the commentary.  The cast commentary is so interesting.  I don't listen to all commentaries on DVDs but this one and a few others I do because you learn so much about how they did the movie.  That stuff is very interesting, not interesting enough for me to want to do that type of stuff, but fascinating as a film viewer.  These are such good movies and has several of my favorite actors, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, and Sean Bean.  Sean Bean is in the movie we are seeing tomorrow too.  He plays the King in Mirror Mirror.  Julia Roberts plays the evil queen and I think it will be so good, or at least I hope so.  At the very least, I will have a lovely afternoon with my beautiful girls and that is the best part, spending time with them.

Camille had her last lesson today.  I was very sad because she is such a good student and girl but she has moved and lives too far away to come to me anymore.  She was so sad too.  I gave her my email so she can write me.  Camille is really a good pianist.  I will miss her so much.  so for now, I just have Brianna on Saturdays.  Brianna is new to our group but not the newest.  Faith is the newest to our group.  She is also my neighbor.  Faith has had 2 lessons and is doing really well at this point.  Next week she will switch to C position and then the following week, Faith will start learning how to read music.  She is very excited about playing so I hope to keep that excitement.

I am not sure what I am going to watch tonight.  I am just going to relax and look at what music I need for students next week.  Perhaps I will actually start ahead of time, instead of waiting for the last minute.  One never knows with me, I am a procrastinator at times.  I am working on not procrastinating all the time, but so far, it is an uphill battle that I am so losing!

I hope your weekend is going well so far, mine is and tomorrow will be awesome.  I will need most of Monday to recover, thankfully I only have 3 lessons and they are spread all throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment