Sunday, July 22, 2012

the start of another musical week 7-22

This weekend was a good one.  Yesterday, I went to the neighborhood party.  I brought some of my students with me.  Natalie, Hannah, Sarah, and their brothers Patrick and Paul.  We all had such a good time.  I was able to chat with a few neighbors that I hadn't seen in a while.  I had a good time watching the kids have fun too.  The bounce houses, the popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones were a big hit with my group.  I really had a good time.  My neighbor and friend, Kathy M graciously switched vehicles with me so I could go and pick up a few more Muglias than what my car would allow.  It was very nice of her.  We really appreciated it.  One of my neighbors and friends, Jessica came and said goodbye to my students.  She asked if they had a good time and they all said it was wonderful.  I am so glad I was able to bring them with me.  I do enjoy spending time with them.  Next week, I am hopeful that the girls and I can go and see Brave together.  The girls have chosen to get ice cream after instead of dinner.  They say it is now tradition.  I had to smile at that.  The last few times we have gotten together we have gone for ice cream afterwards.  I don't mind.  Basically, it boils down to what they want (within reason of course) but if they want to get ice cream after, I will take them.  They are such good kids.  I have the best students.  I really do.

It is all set.  I just spoke with Laura, their mother, and we girls are all set to see the movie Brave next week after lessons.  I am very excited about that.  We will go in the afternoon to see the movie and then, following the new tradition we have, go to Baskin Robbins for ice cream.  I will probably do what I normally do which is to just take my drink in and not get ice cream.  If I do want some, well, then I will get some.  However, I am so pleased with my progress on eating healthy and losing weight, I probably will not want any.  So far, I have lost about 7 pounds.  I sure hope the arthritis doctor is pleased with this news.  Maybe by then, I will have lost more weight.  It is a start and I have a looooong way to go.

My head has been bad again today.  I have had bad headaches about 4 to 5 days a week now.  I had to miss church again this morning because of it.  I do hope this new medicine will really take effect soon and then I will be headache free for a while.  That is my goal anyways.  It will take a few weeks before the medicine will start working.  I guess it has to build up in my system and that takes a while to do.  It will be nice not to wake up with a headache   I have no idea what that even feels like at this point.  It would be nice.

I am watching a NCIS marathon right now.  I have seen most of these episodes but they are still really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment