Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The dining room table is organized day 8-28

I know it is hard to believe, but it is true.  The dining room table has been organized and the old, ripped up vinyl table cloth is now history.  I have learned an important lesson, buy fabric tablecloths because they last longer.  These $4 ones just don't take the beating that my dining room table goes through.  I don't have a tablecloth on right now but that is okay.  The tabletop is glass so it is okay not to have a tablecloth on it right now but I do need to find a nice one that I like, only it will be fabric this time, not vinyl.

I only had 1 lesson this afternoon.  My Sammy was absent but she is making up the lesson tomorrow.  I am very glad about that.  She is such a good student.  I am very pleased with her, not to mention she is such a sweetheart!  My other girls all think she is very, very nice.  I am not surprised though because she is very nice and I knew she would get along with my students.

Dan was my only student for the day.  It was his first lesson with me.  We reviewed a few things and then I assigned him a few things to work on this week.  His sister will start next week with me.  He is a very nice young man.  He is 11 and going into 6th grade.

Tonight is NCIS night.  I just don't feel like watching Dance Moms.  I am getting a little sick of how insane the dance teacher and moms are.  I will admit that I love watching the girls dance.  They are so talented and graceful.  It does make me miss dancing.  I loved dancing so much.  In my dreams, I can dance all I want and these days, that is enough.

Saturday was my cousin, Lia's wedding as I stated in a previous post.  It was the first time that it didn't hurt as much to not have mom at a family function.  I have a hard time with family functions because mom is not there with me.  This was the first time it wasn't super bad.  Maybe I wasn't so upset because I was upset a few days earlier.  I don't know.  I have yet to figure out why I do what I do.  Maybe someday I will have  figured myself out!

I am anxious for fall as I am hoping to have a very full schedule.  (That would be an additional 2 to 3 students, not anymore than that)  I have had a lot of absences this summer but that is to be expected.  I am hoping that once fall arrives, there will be less absences.  Usually, that is what happens.

I will be having a movie day with the Muglia girls on Saturday.  I am to bring the Sound of Music and The Hunger Games, if I have it by then otherwise I will bring something else in addition to the Sound of Music.  I like watching movies with the girls.  They are a lot of fun to hang out with.

I am going to finish watching NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles now.  I hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment