Monday, September 24, 2012

First Week of Fall 9-24

It is definitely fall around here.  The leaves are starting to change colors and fall off the trees to sleep through winter.  It is a beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds today.  It was a bit chilly last night.  I even had to use 2 blankets and the extra blankets on my feet since they freeze so easily (and I wear socks to bed too).  I have turned on the heat because I don't like to freeze.  I am happy to  be wearing my lovely Tinkerbell hoodie again.  I love this hoodie a lot.  It is white and has a nice picture of Tinkerbell and the word Flirty on it.  So very typical me since I love Tinkerbell a lot.  I am still looking for a beautiful pink hoodie for me, but I haven't seen one yet.  I am hopeful, but we shall see if I see it.

Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner is now also a 50th birthday party with a Halloween theme.  Maia is going to be turning 50 at the end of the month, but her daughter won't be able to be here so we are celebrating a bit early.  I saw a really cute night shirt with a pumpkin on it.  Apparently, I am supposed to wear a costume, yeah, I will go with a Halloween themed sweatshirt or t-shirt not a costume.  I am just not a costume type girl anymore.  My brother, Andrew will be at the dinner to so that will be fun plus I have some paperwork he needs to sign and take care of.  I will bring it to him that day and then mail it for him.  Silly little brothers, they just don't always remember to take care of these type papers.  That must be what older sisters are for, I guess.

My little Rachel had her lesson today.  She is such a beauty.  I simply adore her.  She is in level D now and is doing very well.  She is learning her new notes pretty well and plays her assignments nicely.  I so happy with her progress.

I had to go to the music store today.  Wow, another level of books for my Aubrey.  Aubrey is doing fantastic and has finished 3 books since she began the week between Christmas and New Years 2011.  To be in level 3 at this point in time is rather amazing.  Boy, can I tell how much she loves to play.  I picked up her 3 books this afternoon and then I went to Chipotle for lunch.  I love that place a lot.  I am going to get some brown rice and learn how they make it so I can have some here at home instead of always going there for it.  I have picked up some cooked grilled chicken to add to my salads when I make them here at home.  I have some really nice rolls too for dinner now.  I like putting peanut butter on them.  I love peanut butter.  I don't particularly  like peanuts but I do like peanut butter.  Strange, I know, but that is just me, strange.

I almost have a full schedule (full for me anyways) of teaching.  Since I am unable to work full time, I have to be very careful of how many lessons I can teach a day.  I get tired so easy and then I feel more pain when that happens so I am careful how much I teach in a day.  Some days I teach a bit more than others, but it works out to about 13 hours or so a week.  That is really all I can do.  I just can't do anymore.  The last time I worked full time (2008), I ended up in the hospital 15 times so I really don't want to repeat that ever again.  I like not being in the hospital.  I really do.  It is a good thing.

Tomorrow, I have to call the neurologist and let her know that the new medicine isn't working.  She upped the dosage and it is still not working.  I am a bit disappointed but not too much because I figured it would take some time to actually get a dosage that will break the headache I have had since March of 2003.  I can no longer remember what it is like not to have a headache.  I just don't.  It has been too long since that has happened.

Well, I hope that my next student shows and is happy with what we started with last week.  He wants to learn to sing properly so to me that means classical music.  I am not sure what he thinks about that, but I will find out.  It does say on my profile with the online company that I teach classical and Broadway singing so we shall see if he is happy with the path I am planning to take him on.  Isaac is having his lesson a bit later tonight because his Mom got out of work late.  It wasn't a problem to switch, not one bit.  I would rather do that then have him miss a week when I have the availability to reschedule.

On to checking what music I need for tomorrow's lessons while I wait for the next one.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anyone that does not like Fall...it's such a treat for all the senses! I wish you could break that headache cycle...I can't imagine having a headache for years but I did vomit daily for five straight years before I found a med that helps. You can bet I'm never going off of it, even if I have to travel to Canada to get it!!

    ReplyDelete