Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday 9-9

I went to Windsor today for Tillie's birthday BBQ.  Kayla and family, Danielle and family, Maia, Luana, Zachary, and Chris were there too.  I finally got to see Phoenix (1 year old) for the first time.  Yes, I know, I should have seen the little one long before she was one.  Miles was so cute, as usual.  The surprise of the day was Elizabeth (almost 4 years old) wanted me to play with her.  She hung out with me a lot today.  I am very happy that I got to spend the afternoon with her.  Elizabeth is starting school tomorrow.  She is a junior kindergartner.  She seems really excited to start school.  She knows who her teacher is and everything.  I can't wait to see the pictures of her before school tomorrow.  Warren (age 5) is starting senior kindergarten tomorrow.  I can't believe how the two of them have grown and naturally, I forgot my camera so no pictures from me on face book.  Maia was doing pretty well today.  She has an aggressive form of Breast Cancer.  Right now she is in Chemo and then she will have her surgery followed by Radiation.  She is the second person I know who has Breast Cancer. My student, Laith's mom has it to.  Laith's mom is a OB/GYN doctor.  She is the one who gave me the name of the neurologist that I now see.  I really like her a lot.  I am hopeful that she will be able to get rid of the headaches including the everyday headache.  That would be so beautiful for me.  I can't remember what it feels like not to have a headache.  I have head the headache since March of 2003.  That is way to long to have a headache.

Tomorrow will be a quiet type day as I only have 2 lessons.  My Rachel is absent this week but she comes back next week.  She is 6 and in 1st grade.  Rachel is moving up to the level D books that I will pick up next week.

I am getting really tired now so I am going to read for a bit and then head for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment