Sunday, September 30, 2012

The night before a major change 9-30

I decided at the beginning of the month to give up my lovely diet coke and well, soda pop in general.  As of October 1, 2012, I will not use artificial sweeteners or any type of pop.  I am now a water drinker.  Since I actually like water, it isn't a problem, it will be just getting into the habit of getting water instead of pop.  I can do this though.  I know I can.  If I can give up junk food (which I did on Memorial Day and have had very little since) then I can do this.  I have done this before so I know I can do it.  Anyways, it is a new leaf or more of a new leaf for me.

Wednesday, I have an appointment with a nutritionist type person to talk about food and weight loss.  Since I want to be a third of myself by next summer, I need to find a healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.  So far, I have been eating really healthy and I actually like it because I feel so much better.  I still have the same amount of pain, which I expected but overall I feel better.

Tonight was a fun evening.  I met up with Star and Chelaine at Barnes and Nobles bookstore.  We visited for a while (okay - until the store closed and we had to leave).  It was lots of fun.  I haven't seen Chelaine in a while.  Star is teaching 2 of my students art and I am so excited about that.  Hannah and Natalie had their first lesson last Friday and they all had a great time.  I am very happy about that.  I am so glad this is working out well so far.  I am excited to see what stuff they come up with and create.

Tomorrow is the tummy's doctor appointment.  It is just a check up about medicine, that's all.  Basically, it is just to make sure I am not having any side effects from the reglan I am taking to help digest my food.  I have updated my medicine list for the doctor and it is printed and ready to go.  Tillie is going with me.  She has a few questions and I am not sure I will remember them all so she is coming.  So far, the only doctor that she doesn't like is the arthritis doctor, Dr. A.  She just doesn't really like Dr. A. at all.  She hasn't met Dr. G, my primary care giver yet, but I have no reason to go right now.  I did manage to forget about last Friday's protime bloodtest.  Whoops!  I will reschedule for this week.  I also will be getting the flu shot at that time.  I have to get it every year because of my weakened immune system.  So far, in the 6 years that I have been getting the flu shot, I have not gotten the flu so I am hoping for this one to work too.

Tuesday I get my Muglia girls for their piano lessons.  We are starting Christmas music because they have once a month lessons so we need to start very early because of the level of music they are in.  All three of the older girls are advanced students so their stuff is much more complicated.  Sarah will not be starting as early as her older sisters.  Sarah is so cute and is doing so very well.  I miss the girls.  I haven't seen them in a few weeks.  I am going to ask the girls to decorate the tree at my house again this year.  they seemed to have fun last year decorating my tree.  It was fun watching them decorating the tree.  This year I also think we are going to make cookies for Christmas too.

Well, time to read and then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment