Monday, September 10, 2012

the start of a musical week! 9-10

I love the fall.  It is so beautiful and of course, it means the start of school.  The reason I like that is that students are back into a routine for lessons and practicing.  It is the start of my busy season for lessons.  In October/November not only do we start Christmas Music but we also start working on competition music.  I am not sure who is planning to go but I will be finding out shortly.  One of my students who goes to competition is starting lessons again.  I am not sure if the two who quit for the summer are coming back.  I sure hope so.  I really like both girls and they were very good students.

I woke up this morning with a bad headache.  I came down and took some medicine then I went back to bed.  When I woke up again, it was back to the normal headache.  It is cooler today than it has been and I like that because I tend to ache less when the weather is like it is today rather than hot or too cold weather.

I spoke to my friend, Julie for about an hour today.  She is coming over on Wednesday to help me figure out my budget and what problems I am having with it.  I just think having another person going over my budget and projected income will help me stay in control of the finances.  It has been a bit of a rough summer financially speaking.  I had a lot more absences than I had expected, but now it is fall and I will be back on schedule, I hope anyways.  Julie's daughter, Lily is very busy this fall.  Lily is very involved in band at her school.  It is hard to believe that she is in high school already.  Boy, does time fly!  Wasn't Lily just in early elementary school yesterday?  It certainly seems that way.  I am enjoying watching her grow up.  She is such a beautiful girl.  Lily is very strong and very confident.  Not conceited or anything like that, just confident in herself.  It is wonderful to see because so many teens are not confident at all and look to their peers for the confidence.

I will see my girls again soon.  I am hoping perhaps this week.  I thought maybe we could watch a movie at their house or here.  I can't take them to the movie right now, but in the future we will be going to see "Finding Nemo 3D".  I will be inviting all students and their family to go with me as soon as I know when I can go and see it.  I haven't seen them in a couple of weeks so it is time to see them again.

I am doing pretty well with the eating healthy.  I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to at this time, but I am working on it pretty hard.  I am very picky about what I eat.  I have lots of veggies during my meals.  I try to eat a salad for dinner every day.  I am working on cutting out pop and white flour products.  I am giving myself to the end of September to quit drinking pop.  I am working on eating healthier grains instead of white flour products.  I am working towards being 1/2 my size by next summer.  I know that I can do this.  I am sure of it.  I no longer care how I got this way, I did.  Some of it is my fault for not eating healthy for the last 20 years and yes, 1/2 of the weight I have gained is from Lyrica.  However I got the weight put on doesn't seem to matter anymore.  I just need to lose it!  That is what I am working for now.

I am going to read for a bit before heading to bed.  I have a bit of a bad headache now, but it isn't too bad, just a little bit more than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment