Sunday, October 28, 2012

10-28

Yesterday just didn't quite work out as planned.  I was planning on 5 lovely lessons and a beautiful afternoon of movies or reading.  Instead, I had 3 lessons (my 2 that are moving next week haven't shown up in 2 weeks and I have called to find out why) and went to the emergency room.  I was in so much pain that I just couldn't take it anymore.  Turns out it was a good thing that I did go because I have an infection under my skin, which explains the horrible pain.

The antibiotic made me a bit sleepy this afternoon so I had to take a wee nap.  Surprisingly, I only slept for about an hour instead of 3 to 4 hours like usual.  Law and Order SVU is having a marathon on right now.  Most of the episodes I have seen before, but they are always good.  I am glad that it is still on with new episodes each week.  Mom and I used to watch it all the time together.  It was just one of the shows we watched together.

Aggie has finished her dress that we were working on last week.  I can't wait to see the picture of her in it.  I am going to be starting the ornaments for my students this week.  I need to get a new dressmakers pencils since the ones I have are unable to sharpen anymore.  I am not going to wait until December like I usually do or at least, that is the plan.  I have some really cute music Christmas material for the ornaments.  I am going to make some for my littlest cousins too.

There are 2 Christmas parties this year.  Kayla is having one and so is Danielle.  Danielle's party is also a 1st birthday for Miles.  I looked at some toys for him this afternoon.  It is hard to believe that he is 1 already.  He is so cute.  He likes me to hold him or at least he doesn't cry when I hold him.  His sister, Elizabeth, turned 4 in September.  She liked what I got her for her birthday too.  I am not sure about what to get Miles.  He is as cute as his sister.

This week is Halloween.  I am not planning to pass out candy this year unless it is warm out and I can sit outside to pass it out, otherwise, it is just to long to stand and too cold to sit outside.  I am planning to get some candy to give to the students who are having their lessons on Wednesday and for the Hubel kids.  I think that they will like that.  They do so much for me that it is nice to do something for them for a change.  I really like the family a lot.  Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  It was Mom's thing.  She used to decorate the front window and the dining room every year.  She really got into it.  Mom would be so excited about holidays that it made us excited too.  I remember how she would ask us if we wanted to go to the store with her.  I mean, we always said yes since you never knew when you would get a treat.  Looking back, I know that we would have had to go with her since she wouldn't leave small children home alone, but it made it seem like we had a choice of going or not.  That was just mom.  Christmas and Easter are my favorite holidays.  I love how people think of other people more at Christmas time.  I love Christmas Shopping too especially if it was for my mother.  I remember when I was about 25 or so, Mom needed a new winter coat.  I wanted to get her one, but she said it was too expensive for me to get it for her.  Well, she should have let me get it because by the time I bought everything that I got her, the coat would have been cheaper.  She was so fun to by stuff for.  Another time we went to a store for her to try on pants that she needed.  Mom tried on the pants and I wrote all the info down.  The next day, I went to purchase them.  By the time Christmas came she forgot that she tried them on.  I know she used to pretend when she knew what we were giving her, but this was a bit overboard until I realized she really DID forget what I got her.  The last thing that she actually bought me herself for Christmas is my Carebear.  It is a stuffed animal that I cherish.  She was so excited to give it to me that she put it on my pillow so when I woke up, I saw the bear right away.  Mom was standing at the door laughing.  That was Christmas 2008.  By the next year, she wasn't able to pick things out for me.  I think it was her last Christmas where she was more of herself instead of the Alzheimer's mom.  I am so glad that I have these memories of her because neither of my brothers have the daily memories that I have.  I am glad that I was with her everyday up to the end.

My head isn't so bad this evening.  I am thankful for that.  It is just the everyday headache, not a bad one right now.  I am hoping that this week will be good as far as the headaches go.  I didn't have as many bad ones as I have been having.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Heather, I hope you feel better soon. I'm not a Halloween person either.

    ReplyDelete