Tuesday, October 2, 2012

a confession 10-2

I must confess that I have not been doing well with the giving up diet coke.  Yes, it is true.  Last evening I went to Chipotle for dinner and out of habit, I ordered a drink and filled it with diet coke before I remembered that I had given up diet coke and pop in general.  Ugh, this is not very easy like I had hoped.  I will try again tomorrow.  It reminds me of a part of Anne of Green Gables when Anne says something to the effect of how great tomorrow it is a day that isn't filled with mistakes yet.  I love Anne of Green Gables.  Lucy Maud Montgomery really wrote one of the best characters of all time when she came up with Anne Shirley.  She really did.  I can't even count how many times I have read those books but each time I get such a thrill from them.  If Anne Shirley were real, we would be kindred spirits.

Today was a pretty good day as far as teaching goes.  I had 4 students.  Sammy was the first one.  She is a singer and is doing really well.  She is really picking up the Italian songs fast.  Sammy has picked her Christmas song.  Amy is learning to play both hands at the same time.  She was a bit nervous, but she played the songs very well.  Dan is doing pretty well with learning his notes and Aubrey, well Aubrey is really advancing quickly.  She started after Christmas last year and has finished 3 books so far.  She is now in level 3.

I also saw my Muglia girls today.  Hannah and Natalie told me how much they loved the art class that they took from Star.  They are going to have lessons every week.  I can't wait to see what they create.  Star is a really good artist too.  Her mother, Paula, an is amazing artist.

I had dinner with the Hubel family tonight.  Carolyn made spaghetti and meatballs.  It was very good.

I am getting a bit tired now, so I think it is time to read a bit before bed.

1 comment: