Saturday, October 6, 2012

Friendships 10-6

I just finished a book called Firefly Lane.  It is by Kristin Hannah and it is a wonderful book.  It is about 2 friends and their lives, which made me think about the friendship of Kathy and I.  Kathy and I met when we were about 3 as far as we know.  We both went to the same church and were in Sunday School together.  Neither one of us actually remembers meeting the other, we just know that we have always be a pair.  Then when we started school, we went to the same school and were in the same classroom from Kindergarten to 3rd grade.  During our school years we had the usual ups and downs as most friends do.  We didn't go to the same college.  Kathy went to Western Michigan and I went to Wayne State.  We would write each other letters about college and quite often the letters were written while we should have been taking notes in our classes.  That was something we both did quite a lot.  After college, Kathy moved back into this area.  We would hang out and watch the original 90210 and Melrose Place every week with friends.  Those were our shows no matter how ridicules they became.  We would yell at the TV at Michael and how bad his character was, but overall, it was just bonding and enjoying the company.  When Kathy met Tony, now her husband, she didn't tell us right away.  I remember her wedding so vividly.  I was so excited for her.  It was one of the best days of my life.  I was so happy that she had found her husband.  Kathy was so tired by the time her wedding came, that I think I was a bit more excited than her.  It was just an amazing day.

This evening was a fun one.  Aggie came over for sewing.  We went to the fabric store, picked out a costume pattern, bought the fabric and then went back here.  Then we fitted the pattern to her and proceeded to cut out the pieces.  Right now it is a bag where it will be safe.  I plan to put some of the pieces together this week before she comes home next weekend.

I had 2 lessons today, Nina and Sean.  It was Sean's first time.  He did quite well.  I did expect he would because he is very interested in music.  This was Nina's 3rd lesson and she is doing very well too.  I think most of my students doing quite well.  There are only a small number that do not practice so they do not learn as much as my other students.  I do what I can with them and they do like coming for lessons so that is a good thing.

It is getting late now, so I am going to read for a bit.  I am starting a new book tonight since I finished the other this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment