Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Color of the Leaves 10-25

It is so beautiful here with the fall colors on the trees.  In my backyard I can see several of the trees my neighbors have and the are simply beautiful.  God's creation is so awesome.  My hedge is full of green, yellow, and red leaves.

I have a light load today.  I am not sure where my students are that are supposed to be having their lesson right now.  They are often late and sometimes miss for no apparent reason.  While I would rather teach the lessons, I do get paid whether or not they show.  They are 6 and 7 year olds now and are really cute.  I just wish they would actually practice.  I do the best that I can with what time I have with them, but they are talented and really could be doing so much more at this point.  Saturday, I have a new voice student.  She is 12.  I do not have any ink in my scanner/printer so I will have to loan her the books that she needs for the next 2 weeks.  She will be an every other week student.  I spoke to her dad yesterday and they seem to be very excited about lessons.  I have a binder ready for her and a note book, but since I can't copy anything for her here, I may be able to go to Kinko's and copy the music there.  I do have other things I need to copy too so that might be the best thing to do.

Emily will be getting her new books tomorrow.  She is very excited about this as am I.  She is a lovely young lady who is in 4th grade.  She likes her school and she seems to get along with all of my students.  Then again, I think that all of them get along well together when we have recitals so that is good.  I don't expect them all to become best friends, but I do expect that they are nice to each other.  My teenage students are very nice to the little ones.  I have had where the teenage students were mean to the little ones, fortunately, that is not happening right now.  I am glad about that.

My head is the normal, everyday headache today.  Yesterday was much better for it, but since it isn't super bad, that is okay.

My students arrived late today so they only had about 20 minutes each.  I don't have anymore students for the evening.  I have to go and pick up some books for Emily tomorrow so that is where I am heading out too shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment