Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I have met my ER quota for the year 1-2

After I wrote my post for yesterday, I just relaxed and read for a bit.  My leg was a little bit sore and a whole lot swollen worse than usual.  I touched the spot on my calf that is hard and it was warm to the touch.  I was unsure what I should do, do I go to the ER, do I wait until the next day and see the doctor?  I messaged my friend, Robin and asked what she thought I should do.  She did not message me back, she called, almost immediately.  With the history I have with blood clots, Robin said I should have probably gone on New Year's Eve when I noticed it.  She pretty much confirmed what I thought. I called my neighbor, Barbara Jean and she came to take me to the hospital.  I was there for a few hours.  I did have the Doppler test for a deep vein blood clot.  The test showed that I didn't have a deep vein blood clot.  At this time it is a hemotoma.  It is like a big bruise in a way.  The swelling should go down and the skin will go back to the regular color (it is purple and blueish right now).  I do have to keep an eye on it in case it gets bigger or hotter or if my foot turns blue, then I have to go back to the ER.  I don't expect any of that to happen but I will watch it anyways.  Basically, I think that this visit should be the only visit this year or at least I am hoping so.  Last year, I went 2 times, 1 for the headache and the other for the infection under the skin.  I have a good neurologist so I shouldn't have to  go to the ER for any headache issues.  I would just call her.  I really like her and I think my headaches are getting somewhat better.

Today is back to normal.  I have a few lessons, Ellie is sick so she won't be here until next week.  It is time to work on the competition entry forms.  I have to have the payments sent in by Saturday.  I will have the entry forms ready to be emailed.  I also have to send in my teacher dues at the same time.  I have Sarah, Aggie, and most of Natalie's info down.  I just need Nina's and Breanna's info and them I can send them all in!!!!!

My student, Antoinette should be here in a few minutes.  She will be taking some time off from lessons because she was asked to teach a few dance classes.  After the dance season is over, she is planning to come back for more lessons.  It will be just too busy for her.  I will miss her but we are friends on facebook so I will still get the scoop on how she is doing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it was not a clot. Now you've got that out of the way for the year right? So, you can relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete