Friday, January 25, 2013

It's Friday!!! 1-25

This afternoon I met up with my friend from high school, Wendy.  We do this about every 2 to 3 months.  She also had the left behind series she was loaning me.  I am super excited about that.  I only have Emily tonight as Natalie had hers last night and Acer will have his tomorrow.  Natalie auditioned for her school districts' Junior Idol.  25 students from all the schools in the district were chosen.  I am so excited that Natalie was chosen.  She is a beautiful, talented young lady.  We have picked the song and now we just need to edit it to 2 1/2 minutes instead of the full length.  Fortunately, Bill knows how to do this so we will be enlisting his help with this project.

I don't really have a lot of plans after teaching a few lessons this weekend.  Rick will have his on Sunday but a bit later than usual.  It is not a problem for me.  His is the only one on that day so outside of church, I don't have set plans.  I do need to go do a couple of errands after his lesson, but before that I will be taking my after church nap.  Speaking of my sleeping schedule, Wendy and I had a good giggle when we were talking about getting up for the day.  She gently reminded me that I don't even get up in the morning.  I had to agree, because it is true.  I go to bed late and I get up late.  I am usually in bed anywhere from 11 pm to 1 am and I get up around 12 noon to 1:30 pm, it all depends on how I slept, how much I woke up, and how exhausted I am.  I don't have to get up early so I don't (except for Sundays for church).  I am not really a morning person and I never really have been.  Mom used to tease me and say she never did manage to completely fix my reversal of day and night.  When I was a baby, I mixed them up so Mom had to try to change my natural schedule.  I believe I now do live with my natural schedule.  Wendy also said that is she didn't have to get up for work, she would do exactly what I do, sleep until noon.  So see, it isn't just me!

I have discovered the show, Castle (yes, I am aware it has been on for a few years) and fortunately, TNT shows the re-runs of the show.  Now I watch it on Monday at its normal regular spot and the re-runs on TNT.  In the last few years since about 1 year before Momma died, I have watched little TV.  Mom became afraid TV so we started watching HGTV.  She wasn't afraid of that and liked to watch it.  Since then I have added back into my schedule Law and Order SVU, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, and now, Castle.  I also like re-runs of Law and Order.

Emily had a good lesson today.  She is a delightful young lady who really enjoys piano.  She is such an easy going girl.  Emily has played for almost 2 years now and is in level 3.  She is really getting notes down pat.  She still has some trouble when her hands have to move but overall, I am very pleased with her progress.

Well, it is time for dinner.  I had noticed that I was having chipotle a bit too much so I have once again focused on more vegetables and fruits.  I am in a bit of a battle because my headache medicine makes people to gain weight so I don't want that to happen to me.  It is an uphill battle but I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment