Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday 1-14

It has been a good day for visitors.  My Aunt Michelle came over to see me and to pick up some packages.  I had 2 lessons.  Rachel and Isaac are doing very well.  I am thankful that I can teach a bit.  It gives me something to look forward to each day.  That one hour or one and a half hour where the students are here really makes my day better.

My head was a bit more sore than usual today just like yesterday.  I have noticed that the dry mouth I was having has stopped.  I think it is because I dropped down the dosage of the headache medicine.  I am also not having the visions that I was before so it is better all around.  Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to do more than what I can do right now.  I am not sure, I don't focus on this, I just wonder every so often.  I am trying to manage the symptoms better with vitamins and healthier food instead of just medicine.  I take so many that it feels like I take a pharmacy of pills.  I know that they help, but I would rather not take so much.  At this point, I cannot stop taking any of them.  I had thought about not taking the anxiety medicine, but then I realized that my anxiety is not as bad since I do take the medicine twice a day so it would not be in my best interest to not take it.  I guess that is the same with a lot of people who take medicine.  They think they are doing well and won't need the medicine.  I have started taking vitamin D, a different dosage of iron (since the old one was not doing it's job enough), a vitamin just for eyes (I have macular degeneration), and calcium.  I am looking at more natural supplements that may make it easier for me to take less medicine.  I also am working on losing all this excess weight.  I need to work on balance too since my balance is not so good.  I get good giggles when I think how I used to dance everywhere.  I was a very serious dancer when I was in my late teens and early to mid 20s.  I loved dance so much.  I was headed to Broadway until I got sidetracked with Fibro.  Fortunately, my dance teacher started me teaching.  Without that, it would have been worse.  When we lost the music store, I wasn't sure I would ever be able to work again.  I was a train wreck.  I had stopped teaching for a while because I just couldn't do it.  I know I will never be able to work retail again.  However, as time passes it no longer bothers me. I am happy with what I do.

Well, time to read a bit, have a tea and then head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment