Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday 2-8

I have officially cancelled all lessons for the rest of the week.  Wow, I have not had to do that in soooo long but it was very necessary.  I am just wanting to pass along this lovely cold.  I am on the mend so I don't see a problem teaching starting on Monday again.

The carpet is now installed on the 6 stairs to the family room.  I am very happy about that.  The woman and her son did a great job.  They are going to take the shuffleboard.  Her son will be the one to come and pick it up.  They were very happy with the swap.  Since Angela expressed interest in the shuffleboard I thought a swap would be good.  She and Brandon installed the carpet and they get the shuffleboard.  So far most everything has found a new home that needs to find one.

Ooh, I just remembered, I need to get an oil change.  With the new oils that car makers are using, I didn't have to change it until it was at 7500 instead of every 3000 miles.  It is time to change it.  I will do it this week.  I have marked it in my planner.  I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot.

Bill and Calli are here bringing some more things.  Calli is organizing the pantry.  Fortunately, the 4 cabinets are not full.  Actually, they are pretty empty so that is a good thing.  We will have plenty of room.  Today's load was some food for the pantry and boxes of books.  Some were Calli's.  Her books are huge.  For Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island, there are several volumes because braille books take more space.  I am really glad she likes to read.  Acer is doing really well with reading too.  Acer is under the weather too just like me.  Slowly, everything is getting done.  I have to remember to take a picture of the sofa for Karlyn.  I am hoping that Karen will be coming and getting the elliptical this weekend.  If not, that is okay, she will get it soon.  Things are falling into place.  I am pleased with the progress.

Calli was cute this evening.  She said that Bill is not ready for her to be a teenager.  I had to agree with him!  I am so not ready for her to be a teenager.  I imagine Heather isn't ready either.  Sometimes, it seems like yesterday she arrived from China and others it is like she has been here forever same with Acer.  Calli and I are the same height now.  Yes, Calli is very happy about that, no surprise there.  Acer is still sick too.  He didn't have to go to school today because it was a snow day.  When I woke up this afternoon, my driveway, front walkway, and other sidewalks were cleared.

My pain level hasn't been too high this week.  I am surprised that I didn't get a flare with this cold/flu/whatever it is.  I am thankful that I didn't.  My headache isn't so bad this week.  I think it is because of the antibiotics and other medicines.  I am watching the spot on my leg very carefully.  I am really not up for it to be worse.  I can't really tell at this time if the spot is getting better or not.  I figure I started the antibiotic on Tuesday so maybe by tomorrow I will be able to see if it is getting better.  I sure hope so.  I don't think I am up for anything else to be wrong with me.  I really am not.  This is the 3rd time I have had an infection under the skin.  One in September 2010, another in October 2012, and now.

I am watching Law and Order SVU.  It is the usual show for this day.  I have seen most of the episodes and really, often the TV is on just for noise.  I finished reading this book on nutrition and weight loss.  It was interesting and I think I learned something from it.  I will be starting a food journal starting tomorrow.  Right now, I am not eating a whole lot since I don't feel so well.  I figure that by tomorrow should be better, if not, I will wait until I am completely healthy.  I have started taking some supplements to help with managing the symptoms of Fibro.  I don't think I can lose anything by trying something new.  Between the medicine and supplements, I often feel that I take a pharmacy of pills but there isn't anything at this time I can stop taking.  I am hoping by continuing to work on weight loss I will also be able to stop taking so much medicine.  That is my goal anyway.  On one of the support facebook pages they talk a lot about supplements and vitamins.  So much of the medicine we take either depletes vitamins or makes up gain weight or it just doesn't work.  At this point, I feel like in order to take charge of my fibro, I need to read up on all this stuff.  i really like the page that discusses holistic alternatives.

Well, I know have a bad headache.  I didn't when I started writing this post, but I do now.  Time to rest some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment