Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Midweek 2-6

I had to cancel lessons again for tomorrow.  I am finally starting to feel a bit better, but I sound horrible.  I am losing my voice now.  I am sure students will be very happy about that.  I am pretty sure I will not be singing in choir tomorrow night.  I have already said I won't be there.  I do hope that I will be teaching on Friday.  I have not had to cancel this many lessons in years.  I hope not to have to this again in many years.  I do believe I am on the mend today.  My ribs hurt really bad though from the constant coughing I have been doing in the past few days.  I did run out of tissue in my room last night though.  I meant to get more yesterday but I forgot.  What can I say?  Whoops?  So I did have to go out today to get some.  I don't plan on going out anytime tomorrow or this evening.  I have enough tea, I have my medicines, I have some food, basically, I have what I need.  I am hoping that resting 4 days in a row, I will be perked and ready to go on Friday.  I had to cancel my doctor appointment tomorrow.  I will reschedule for next week.  I couldn't go in with this cough.  Friday will be the carpet installation day.  I am really looking forward to that.  I will FINALLY have carpet on those 6 stairs to the family room and office.  I am really looking forward to having this job done.  I am not sure if the woman who is installing the carpet still wants the shuffleboard or not.  If she doesn't, then Wendy will take it.  Basically, things are really falling into place now.  I had to cancel Jen coming today because of my cold.  One - it is really unfair to have someone come to help you when you are coughing like a madman and two - I wasn't feeling up to any of this at all.  Jen and I have rescheduled for next Wednesday.  So many are sick right now too with this cold to hot to cold to hot and back to cold weather we are having.  I should have known better and worn a coat when I raced to the store.

I am trying to decide which of Mom's paintings I want to keep and where I want them.  I want to exchange them for pictures of family and friends.  I love her paintings, but I also love pictures of her.  I have several pictures that I took of Mom in 2009 on my phone.  I want to print them and then put them in a frame.  They are of her smiling and being silly.  I really like the pictures of her.  I am not a great photographer, but I think they turned out really cool and I smile when I see them.

Anyways, time for some dinner.  I am actually a bit hungry for a change since I haven't been since Sunday night.  I also need to do some laundry so I am off to do that after dinner!  I sure hope that everyone is healthier than me!!!

1 comment: