Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday 2-2

I wonder if the groundhog saw his shadow today.

I have started working on what needs to stay in the house and what can go in the house.  My cousin, Zachary had said that if I ever don't want the round table and barrel chairs to let him know, he would like them.  Well, I placed a call to Tillie to pass the message to Zachary that I no longer want the table and chairs.  I have a different set that we will be using.  I may have sold the shuffleboard.  I left a message with Angela (the lady who was over yesterday about the stairs) and she is very interested in it. I am planning on having everything out of the family room that I don't want in about 2 weeks.  I need to get a hold of the thrift store for a pick up.  The formal living room set is also going to be going as a different sofa and chairs will be taking its place.  In order to keep the living room set, I would have to get new shades for the lamp (that isn't a problem - that is easy) and re-stuff the cushion.  Yeah, I don't see that happening anytime soon.  It is also rather cold downstairs for me so I don't spend a lot of time down there so that is why I don't mind them going.  Plans are shaping up.  I am happy that progress is being made.  Once the family room is mostly emptied I want to steam clean the carpets.  I have a steam cleaner so that isn't going to be a big deal.  Then after the family room is almost emptied, it will be time to move everything out of the office and put it in the family room.  The entire office is being emptied and downsized.  The photo albums will go back on the shelves that they belong on, the other computer will be put up.  Once the office is completely emptied, I will then steam clean the carpet in there.  I figure by doing one room at a time, it will be much easier for me to do this.

Once the downstairs is shaped up I will be heading for my room.  I have things in there that need to find a better home.  I no longer want ANY of the music in my room.  I have the original CDs that go with many of the books I use for voice students.  I kept them in my room for really, lack of a better place to put them.  Now, I have a better place to put them.  Natalie and Sammy said they would help with the putting away music and switching out the old cases for new sleeves.  I feel good about all the changes and things I am doing with the house.  I have been in survivor mode for so long that it seems like forever since I have done nothing in all this time.  I feel better these days.  I still really, really, really miss mom, but I do feel like I can move and not be in survivor mode.  With the new changes happening, I am not feeling stressed about it, I have a plan and I will do one thing at a time.  I also need to start going through boxes upstairs.  In my old room there are so many boxes that were mom's.  I am not sure what is really in any of them.  I know there is some military stuff in a couple of them, but other than that I am not sure.

Bill was here this afternoon just before Natalie arrived for her lesson.  Bill needed to measure how tall the office is.  He also needed to measure some other stuff too.  I have to take the music downstairs and put the ice skates away in the furnace room.  I need access to the front closet.  My job this week is to put Mom's military uniforms and stuff in boxes and put in the garage.  I also need to get my pictures out of the garage for my room.  I have asked Jen to come and help if she is available.  I am going to need the front closet rather soon.  I also need to empty some of my drawers in my dresser so that I can bring up the clean ones upstairs.  I have a list started on what needs to be done to organize the house.

Acer couldn't have his lesson tonight.  The Little Man is not feeling too well.  He has a wet cough and is just miserable so Heather kept him home instead of coming here for his lesson.  Heather said he has been working on his piano song and his vocal song.  Acer has decided to sing "Ave Maria" for the spring concert.

I have put a status on face book asking if anyone wants the exercise equipment.  My cousin, Danielle would like the stair climber.  Andrea is interested in the cross country ski machine and the elliptical.  Things are falling into place.

Time for a nice read before bed.

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like you have a plan...one step at a time. My problem is that I just don't know where to start and I end up moving things from one room to another. Just a change of scenery not a real solution. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete