Thursday, February 7, 2013

What a crazy week!! 2-7

This has been an insane type of week.  I am finally starting to feel a bit better.  If I feel like this tomorrow, I will be able to teach, no problem.  I have been on antibiotics for 2 full days now so that won't be an issue.  I am hopeful for that.  I only have 3 students tomorrow and 2 on Saturday so it isn't like earlier in the week where there were 4 or so.  I am not coughing as much as I was yesterday.  I did have to go and get some more of the nighttime medicine.  I meant to do my laundry today, but I am just so exhausted that I will do it tomorrow.

I am watching project runway.  I like this show.  Some of the fashions they come up with are interesting.  They aren't always something I would wear, but it doesn't have to be.  They are just interesting.  The show reminds me of Lydia every week since she is so into fashion and make up and sewing.  Lydia is a wonderful girl.  The luncheon we went to on Sunday was so much fun.  It really was.  I enjoyed spending time with the girls and their friends.  I finally got to meet Gabrielle.  She is a sweet girl and it is because of her that I was able to re-connect with Star.  When I was first on face book, I had Hannah, Natalie, and Lydia as face book friends.  Their friend Gabrielle friended me.  We would have little bits of conversations on face book.  The girls have a drafting board at their house that they are now using for art and design.  Hannah and Natalie are doing very well at their art classes.  All three of the older girls have decided to stop taking lessons right now and just learn on their own.  This leaves room for Sarah and Patrick to be able to have lessons every other week instead of once a month. I really like that idea a lot as both are younger and sometimes waiting a whole month they forget what they are doing or they are so confused.  This every other week will be so much better.  That is what we did when the older 3 were small.  Laura feels that Patrick gave me my cold.  I think it was just a bunch of things that added up to the reason I got the cold.  It doesn't seem to matter why, it just matters that I got it and that I am getting better.  I slept a lot today.  I really needed it.

Tomorrow, the carpet for the stairs is supposed to be installed.  I sure hope it is going to.  I really am.  It is just one more thing on my list of things to do.  Bill was here earlier today with some of their stuff.  He chuckled and said it would be an unusual thing for him, to actually have his clothes in his own closet.  I did have to chuckle on that.  I really did.  I, of course, will actually have to take my clothes out of the dryer and put them away in my room, unlike what I do now, which is leave them in there and take what I need for the next day out.  I have to wash a couple sets of sheets and fold them so that I can take my laundry bin back into my bedroom.  Silly Heathers, I have not had the laundry bin in my room for a really long time.  Also, that big pile of clothes on the dryer, yeah, they are going to have to go upstairs in my room too.  I am going to see if Calli can come and help me organize my drawers so I have room for my stuff.  I have clothes that don't fit in the drawers and I need to get rid of them.  Some will be donated, others will be tossed.  Some of them aren't good enough to donate so those Calli and I can just toss them.  Calli is a very helpful girl.  She likes to help.  I can't believe that she will be 13 next month!  Seriously, wasn't she just turning 10?  It sure seems that way.  Of course, it seems like yesterday Acer was 4 almost 5 and now he is 8.

Karlyn is going to be coming up in the next few weekends to come and get the living room furniture.  She likes it and there are 6 pieces plus two lamps.  She is aware that the lamps need new shades and the  cushions all need to be re-stuffed.  She isn't sure they would have room for the stair climber.  Karlyn is disappointed about that but the decision hasn't been completely made so maybe she will be able to take it too.  Karen is coming on the weekend to pick up the Elliptical.  She is very happy about that.  I know Lisa also wanted it, but Karen asked first so that is who gets it.  After the 14th, Wendy will be picking up the table and chairs.  Ray is out of town until then.  So far, things are really working out well.  We are slowly clearing out what needs to be cleared out and bringing in what needs to be brought in.  I think it is working well.  I want to spend a lot of time this winter deciding what pictures of my family and friends up.  The family room doesn't have anything on the walls.  Not one picture and I really think I would like pictures up.  I have a collage in mind for Mom.  I took some silly pictures of her in 2009 on different days.  I want to put them in a collage.  I also have some pictures of Mom when she was a little girl.  The youngest picture I have is when she was 3.  There are 3 pictures of her with her dad and she is making faces.  It is so Mom.  Mom was always making faces at us when we were small.  I also think that I would like some pictures of us when we were young, as well as pictures of friends.  I think it will add something to our us.  I haven't really been able to do anything with pictures because it hurt so much.  I miss Mom so much that it began to hurt to see her pictures.  Now, it doesn't or at least not as much.

I have all my valentine's done.  Since next Thursday is Valentine's Day, it was important to have them all finished for tomorrow.  This year, unlike last year, I will be able to give the students' their Valentine's before Valentine's Day.  This year I picked Valentine's that also come with Pencils.  I thought that was a nice surprise.

Well, I am getting a bit tired.  I think I will have another tea and finish watching Project Runway.  I may even read for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment