Thursday, July 11, 2013

an evening of Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix 7-11

I love the harry potter books and movies.  I remember being on vacation when the 5th book came out.  I so wanted to buy it but I didn't have enough because I bought a bit of Anne of Green Gables stuff.  That was alright.  As soon as I got home, I discovered Momma already bought me the book!  So had I bought it, I would have had 2 copies.  Momma loved doing surprises like that for us.  It didn't matter to her we were adults.  We were still her children and she loved surprising us.  With me, it was usually books or music.  I also, liked to surprise Momma with treats.  For several years in a row, at Christmas, I surprised her with tickets to a musical.  The last one we saw was the "White Christmas" at the Fox Theatre.  Momma and I really enjoyed it.  I cannot count the amount of musicals we saw both on TV, in the Movies, or live at a theatre.  I miss my musical theatre partner so much.  It isn't the same without her.  I do want to see some but I don't really have anyone to go with anymore.

Tonight, Acer wanted me to read him stories at bedtime.  I was planning to go to choir but he wanted me to read stories so I didn't go.  It isn't anything new.  It has been so long since I have been there.  I was feeling alright except I did have a bit of a bad headache too.  I was proud of myself because I told him I would read 2 stories and I stuck to it.  He tried to get another but I stuck to 2.  That hasn't happened before.  I usually cave and read another if not 2 more.  Well, tonight I didn't.

Maisy and I took a ride to get gas this afternoon.  She is a good little passenger.  She really is.  She stays on the passenger side most of the time.  If I open the window, then she comes over to my side to see what is going on but other than that, she stays on the passenger seat.  I love that little dog.

I was purposely driving Calli crazy this afternoon.  There is a song called "Snuggle Puppy" that is on Acer's IPod.  It is such a cute song.  I only know part of it but I was singing over and over the part I know.  She was like, ugh!  We did have good giggles about it though, which was my goal.

I have been having trouble sleeping, which I know so many of us have.  It has been a problem for years like so many of us but lately, it just seems to be even worse.  I have tried ambien, rosarim, and other sleeping pills.  I have also tried melatone and Tylenol pm and Advil pm too.  I now have a list of other herbs and supplements to try.  Yesterday, I slept about 15 hours, well, I was in bed for about 15 hours and it seemed like I didn't sleep at all.  I wake up every night about 2 then every hour until about 5 or 6 then again about 9 before I finally get up anytime between 11 and 1.  I am thankful that I live in a house with people who do not give me a hard time about how much I sleep or the hours I keep.  Both Heather B-T and Bill are very much of the thought that if I need the sleep then sleep.  I did have to take a nap 2 hours after I woke up and I got up at 1 pm.  I slept for about an hour from 3 to 4 so I did feel better.  I am getting tired again now but as it is 9:45 that is not a bad thing.  Tomorrow I have to get up at 11:30 for Elizabeth's lesson at noon.

I am meeting with Michigan Works tomorrow.  I need a letter from Heather B-T for them and then I have everything I need.  It is to help me get hearing aids that I need.  I am finally breaking down and getting them.  I didn't realize how much I needed them until Heather B-T and crew moved in.  I cannot hear her at all when she calls me from upstairs or downstairs if I am in the dining room.  I just can't.  I am hoping that I don't get worse headaches though.  I am nervous about that.  We shall see, I suppose.

I have been losing weight these past few months.  I am glad about that.  I am off the Amitryptiline medicine that helped me gain weight.  The medicine I am now has a side effect of losing weight and decreasing the appetite.  I am also working on portions and eating properly too so it isn't all medicine.  I am working hard too.  I also take safflower oil, cla, and omega 3.6.9.  I don't know how much of the weight loss they are adding to but I am taking them.

Overall, the pain levels don't seem to be changing all that much except for, of course the headaches and my right hip pain.  The right hip hurts a lot as well as the right lower side of the back.  I don't know if it is arthritis or the kidney or who knows what.

Well, I am going to play my words with friends as I finish up the last hour of the movie.  I love Harry Potter!  I will say that Anne of Green Gables is my all time favorite character EVER and her books are the best ever but Harry Potter is second.  They are amazing too just not quite as amazing as Anne of Green Gables.

No comments:

Post a Comment