Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day 7-4

It is Independence Day, July the 4th!!!!!  Independence is something that I think every parent wants for their children too.  I would have to say, I was semi-independent.  I never moved from my childhood home.  When I was in my mid 20's and graduated from University, my friends were ALL having issues with their roommates or roommate boyfriends, just tons and tons of drama.  I asked if I had to move out and Momma said no so I didn't.  Good thing too because within a year, I had gotten very ill and was pretty much bed ridden at that point.  When I got a bit better and could live on my own, I didn't want to move so I didn't.  That also was a good thing too because, well, I got the vasculitis and it took 6 weeks for doctors to figure out what was wrong with me.  I never really recovered from that.  Then Momma started with the Alzheimer's Disease so she needed me as much as I needed her.

Here in our house, I am once again pretty independent.  I pay my bills and teach my lessons.  We split the house chores between all of us.  Independence is so important for people and to live in a country where Independence is not only encouraged but the goal is a wonderful.  Momma really wanted all of us 3 to be Independent but none of us counted on me getting so sick so young.  I do think that despite my being ill, I am pretty independent.

I temporarily forgot that Calli was 13.  I kept telling her she was 12.  Whoops!  Nothing like forgetting how old the teenager is!  Acer is 8 1/2.  I was speaking to a Mom who's daughter took lessons a couple of summers ago and her daughter is now 8 1/2 too.  That 1/2 is so important to the kids.  Me?  I don't want to add anything to my age that is for sure.  Heather B-T's birthday is tomorrow!  Calli is giving me gray hair.

Right now, Castle is on.  It is running a marathon.  I love this show too.  Since the kids were in the room, I muted the sound.  This is an interesting episode.

Well, I think I am going to watch the marathon and play words with friends.  Heather B-T and family are getting ready to go to a celebration of Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment