Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mid week 7-17

We didn't get good news about Maia, my cousin today.  She has months left to live before the cancer will take her.  I knew it wasn't good and I have had a feeling for a while that this was going to happen, it is just official now.  She has the choice about continuing treatment or not. I haven't spoken to her so I don't know what she is going to pick.  I am going over on Saturday.  Maia is in the hospital now.  She is in extreme pain, has trouble swallowing, and can't get her IV because her lymphs are swollen.  It is just heartbreaking.

It is very hot here today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter then he will cool down.  It isn't as hot as it is in some parts of the country (thank God for that!) but it is also pretty humid.  I have only gone out a few times.  I don't go out much if I don't have too.  Brandon is supposed to cut the grass but with it this hot, I am not sure he will be able to.  Maybe on Friday.  I tend to ache more when it is this hot and humid.  I don't know if it is the extra humidity or what, but my head does ache more.

I need to get a piece of music tomorrow for my student, Brooke Anne.  I have the song Blessings for her but I also want her to sing, "Someone Like You" from Jekyll and Hyde.  It is a lovely song.  I have to take care of that earlier in the day.  I only have one lesson tomorrow but my lovely Sammy is coming over to help with the CDs.  She is such a good assistant.  I really appreciate her help.  I plan to get her a gift certificate when we are done organizing the music room.  There are only a few things left to be done, but they are big things and I need help doing them.  With the music mostly put away (except for the band and orchestra instruments books), I have the CDs left and organizing the office supplies as well as putting away the Easter decorations.  Yes, I know, they are still up.  What can I say?  I just don't think about them unless I am in the living room.  When I see them I think about it but not when I am not in the room.  I also have some pictures to put up.  I have some really beautiful pictures that need to go up.  They were once in my bedroom when I was in my old room.  When I moved to the bigger room, I meant to put them up but I never got around to it.  I have some pictures that need to go up in my bedroom too.  Momma was an artist and there are 3 pictures that she painted specifically for me.  1 is a clown and it is up but the other 2 are cats and kittens that need to go up.  I also have a beautiful picture from Prince Edward Island that Momma bought me when we were there.  I will have either a Anne of Green Gables corner or a wall when we finish my room.  We are also going to pull up all the carpeting upstairs.  We have hard wood floors upstairs and it would be better for us to not have carpet on the floors.  My room will probably be the last room done as my room is not even started much less done.

The family room is coming along.  There is some stuff in the room to sort but over all, most of the stuff is sorted and has a place for everything else.  Most of my books downstairs will be donated now that I have a nook.  There are a few exceptions, of course such as Anne of Green Gables books, Harry Potter books, and a few others but other than that, they will go.  So far I have been giving them to Tilley to read and then she can either keep them or donate them herself.  She has been reading an awful lot too.  I think she is thinking about getting a kindle.  I love my nook and rarely go anywhere without it when I need it for reading.  I also play games and now I can even watch movies on it.  I am thinking of upgrading to the HD big one before the end of the year.  I think at the end of this year they may stop making them with all the other things that we can put on them.  I don't know.  It is hard to say with Barnes and Nobles.  I just know I love my e-reader.  Kathy loves hers too.  She is also planning to upgrade her nook too.  Hers is getting slow and doesn't always work.  Since mine is less than a year old, I don't have any issues with it getting slow or not working.

I was so excited last night!  I was able to watch a movie on my nook!!!!  I have wanted to watch this particular episode of Accused (a BBC series) from their second series for almost a year and I FINALLY got to see it last night.  Now this was worth resigning up with netflix.  I also have decided i want to see Game of Thrones.  I have been listening for the last few years how good the show is and now I want to see it.

Well, I can't believe what I am about to write.  I am cold sitting here in the air conditioning.  It is much better than sitting in the heat though.  I will just take the air conditioned house than the super hot weather outside.  I wonder how Heather B-T and Bill are handling the heat and the kids at camp.  I miss the little Maisy dog.  I am learning the little "Snuggle Puppy" song to sing to her.  Only 2 more days and the little doggy will be home along with Heather B-T and Bill!  I just want to snuggle with my Maisy Dog!!!!!!

I also have to get some music for Isaac.  I just remembered that too.  I need to burn some CDs tomorrow.  I have a list of what I need to do so I won't forget.  With this heat, brain fog tends to be worse than usual.

It is almost time for words with friends and a bit of reading before bed.  Try to stay cool in this really hot weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment