Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday 7-2

It was a relaxing day after all.  I thought I was going to have 8 (yes, 8) lessons today.  This is more than usual, believe me!  Well, I had 2.  The rest either canceled or came an hour late and I had another lesson at that time or forgot about the lessons.  I was worried about how I would handle the day as I usually only have a few lessons a day.  I used to routinely teach 8 to 12 lessons a day but now, I just can't do that.  It is too tiring for me and I ache too much after teaching that much.  You wouldn't think so as I teach music, but it takes a lot of energy to teach music and I get tired really easy.

Heather B-T's friend, Deedee has moved back here from Spain and was visiting this afternoon.  It was a lovely afternoon.  The kids got along really well and they stayed for dinner.  The kids were a bit nervous around Q and Maisy, but they did okay with them.

I am much more relaxed now that the results are good.  I had a nice visit with Kathy during lunch and after.  Acer had to show her all his toys.  She went upstairs and got the tour of Acer's toys.  She really enjoyed Acer showing her his toys and talking to Calli.  I think the kids really enjoyed visiting with Kathy too.  I am planning to go and see Kathy next month sometime.  She will let me know when will be a good time.

Rizzoli and Isles is on right now.  I love this show.  It is the new season.  Tomorrow, Bill will be bringing home Season 3 of Rizzoli and Isles for me to watch over the week.  I don't have any plans on the 4th except for the one lesson I have in the afternoon.  I don't really ever have too many plans on the 4th.  When I was young, it was a day of extra work around the house.  I remember one year in high school, I had permission to go to the beach with a friend on the 4th but at the last minute Momma changed her mind.  I was so upset.  She bought a new shed and wanted us to put it up on the holiday.  I could go to the beach after I was done.  Well, we didn't get done until the next day.  I was so upset and angry at her.  Unfortunately, this was something Momma did a lot.  It was definitely one of her not so good qualities.  We all have them, but that one used to really make me angry.  I never really knew until I was out the door or at the activity if I really could attend or not.  Despite all that, I still miss her so much.  Sometimes it seems like yesterday that she passed away and sometimes it seems years and years ago.  Sometimes it still physically hurts that she is gone and sometimes it is just hurts in general.  Overall, I am doing better than I was but I don't expect to ever stop missing her in general.  From what I have been told by my friends who have also lost their mothers, I probably won't.  Most of them still miss their moms a lot.  I was definitely a Momma's girl that is for sure.  I guess when I was small I was a Daddy's girl until he left and then I became attached to the hip with my Momma.  That is what she told me anyway.

Well, on to playing Words with friends and reading.  I am still on the 3rd book of the O'Malley series.  It is just so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment