Sunday, October 27, 2013

10-27

Today is trunk or treat for the kids at their church.  Calli is passing out the candy while Acer is participating in the trunk or treat.  Both kids have very cute costumes.  Acer is a clown and Calli is a fairy.  I try to be up about Halloween for them, but the truth is I don't particularly like the holiday.

Anyways, today was a quite day.  Tilley and Lia, along with Esther came over to drop off the walker and my little hoodie I left at Luana's on Canadian Thanksgiving.  They stayed for a few minutes.  The walker will be a big help for me as I plan to start walking outside everyday now with Maisy.  It has a seat so when I get tired, I can sit down and rest.  Basically, if I find myself leaning on the walker, I should be sitting down and resting.  I want to only use the walker for balance and resting.  I don't have good balance so that is why I wanted one.  My rheumotologist thought it was a good idea to get one too.

Acer gave Esther a book and a toy.  That was very sweet of him.  He can be so sweet and generous.  He knows that Esther loves books so he gave her one of his old board books.  Acer is also my official present shopper assistant.  He loves helping me pick stuff out for the little cousins.  I will have to start thinking about what to get them soon as Christmas is fast approaching and I need to spread the buying of gifts out over 2 months.  I think this week I will start my list and then ask Acer what he thinks we should get.  That sounds like a good plan.  Calli may have some good ideas too.  Heather BT had a great idea and I think that I will act upon it.  It will help the foundation that gave Calli her guide dog and it will give the kids their Christmas present.  It is really a cool idea.  Tilley and Lia didn't stay too long as they have some shopping to do.  Tilley wants a new bathing suit so she can go swimming in the pool for exercise.  She seems to really enjoy it.  Acer showed Lia his drum set and some of his drums.  Esther played on the electric piano downstairs.  It was quite cute.  Acer showed Esther the drums but because she is so small, she didn't play them.  I so agree.  She is only 3.  Maisy wouldn't go to Tilley at all, although she did stop barking when we were downstairs.  Tilley took home some more books with her.  She is in the middle of a series by Bertrice Small about Rosamund.  She needed the 2nd book, which somehow got left here last time.  I don't know how, but it did.  I also gave her some other books that are really good too.  Since I have a nook, I no longer need the actual books except for the special ones like Anne of Green Gables and Harry Potter.  I got a nook last year at Thanksgiving.  I had been saving up my gift certificates from Barnes and Nobles so that I could purchase one.  At first I really wasn't sure I wanted one but Kathy kept telling me I would love it so I finally gave in and boy was she right!  I love my nook so much.  It is the best thing ever.  I can have so many books on and I can even play some games on it too.  I love words with friends.  I am not very good at it, but that is okay.  I play it to expand my vocabulary.  I have never really been good with scrabble type games but they are fun to play whether or not I win.

Speaking of Scrabble, Acer, Heather BT, and I played a bit of scrabble today.  It was fun.  Acer does a pretty good job.  I surprised myself and did pretty well too.  Heather BT is very good at scrabble so that is not a surprise.

I didn't have any lessons today so it truly was a day off for me.  I did have a bit of work to do but basically I relaxed most of the day.  I had to type the words for 4 songs for Calli for school.  They were easy to do since I know the songs really well.  She is going to try out to sing a solo at her choir concert at school.  Calli has a lovely voice and an amazing range.  She has 4 octaves, which is quite unusual to begin with but even more unusual for her age.

I had to reschedule my Muglia girls because I have a follow up doctor visit with my primary care physician tomorrow morning and I don't know how long that will be.  This way I won't have to worry about being late and missing the lesson.

Maisy is up here sitting on her stool next to me.  She is such a character.  She brings such love to my life.  I simply adore that little dog so much.  Maisy has a Halloween costume but I am not sure she is going to need it this year.  I can't remember what it was but she looked so cute in it.  She also loves to be on my desk.  I don't know why, she just does.  Her favorite place to sit is on the keyboard too.  I get a good giggle when she does that.  Right now she is lying on her comfy stool looking out the window.  Maisy loves to look out the window.  She does this all day long, especially if I am in the living room.  It is cute when Maisy comes to sit next to me or my student during lessons too.  There are some students that she seems to remember really well.  She loves Natalie a lot.  She lets Natalie pick her up and cuddle her.  She also loves Megan.  The only ones she doesn't love are Bob and Rick as she is not very fond of men.  She barks at Isabella's dad too.  We only have to keep her downstairs when Ryan is having his lesson as his brother, Nick, is afraid of both Maisy and Q.  He is only 4 so that is understandable.  I am sure as he gets older, he won't be so afraid.  I was a bit afraid of big dogs too when I was young.  Now that I live with Q, I am not so bad.  He is a friendly dog and such a sweetie too.

It isn't so cold out today so I don't ache as much as I did the other day.  I have brought out the winter coat though because it is cold enough for it for me.  Tomorrow will be the first day that Maisy and I will be going on a walk.  I am looking forward to that.  I plan to go right after I get back from the doctor so if I need to take a nap, I will be able to.  The leaves are changing colors around here.  Our Japanese maple tree is red right now.  We don't have a lot of trees in our yard but we do have a lot of shrubs.  We also have some really nice flowers too.  Heather BT is a gardener so she is in charge of the yard.  I gladly handed that over to her.  I am far from a gardener as can be.

I am getting a bit tired now.  I think it is time to play words with friends for the day.  It is an on your own dinner tonight as we think the kids are eating at the trunk or treat activity at church.  Both Heather BT and I are not really that hungry to begin with so we have both had something rather light to eat.  She had a bagel burger and I had a peanut butter and honey bagel sandwich.  I love the cinnamon raisin bagels with peanut butter and honey on it.  It is very very yummy indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I'm craving a cinnamon raisin bagel about now! It sounds like we have the same kind of walker. I love mine, being able to stop and take a little break is really a great help to me and gives me the strength to go farther. Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete