Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday 10-5

Oh my, what a busy busy day we had here.  First, I had a lesson and then Will brought up some boxes to be sorted through so I did.  Then he brought more.  I had another lesson and then I sorted some more.  All in all, Will worked for about 5 hours straight and me about 3 to 4 hours with 2 lessons sprinkled in.  I found some pictures that I have put aside that I want.  Andrew only wants me to scan pictures to him.  He doesn't want me to send him originals.  I just haven't taken the time to scan the pictures for him.  I will, just not right now.  Right now we are working on organizing the house and that has to be done first.  I will move the boxes of movies when I hear from Richard.  I don't expect to for a few days.  He is like that.  He takes forever to answer back.

Monday is my appointment with the kidney doctor.  Ugh and yeah, all at the same time.  I know, I know, how can it be both at the same time.  I am just weird like that.

We have my big computer up now in the living room.  I am rather glad about that.  It has a huge screen that I really like a lot.  It hasn't seen the light of day since 2008 when we lost the store.  We packed it up and put it in the family room where it stayed until a couple of days ago when Bill and Will brought it down.  I had forgotten how big the screen is.  I think watching a movie on here will be super cool too since the screen is so big.  I can see a Stargate SG1 marathon happening on this computer!  We even have comfy couch and chair in the room to sit on!  Maybe tomorrow I will watch something.

All in all, despite not being able to have tea with the lovely Miss Star (she wasn't feeling too well), it has been a decent day.  I got stuff done and feel like I did some work.  I am tired now, but that is to be expected.

My throat is kind of sore tonight.  Not a whole lot, just a little bit.  My headache is the normal one though so that is good.  I am hoping that it doesn't increase like it usually does at night.  I am tired of having a bad headache all night long.

When I get to 50 pounds down, I plan to purchase the Immortal Series, City of Bones, is the first book, I believe.  It has just been made into a movie, but I haven't seen it.  I don't really plan to until I read the book.  I want to read the book first.  I am also reading Game of Thrones.  I have to catch up on my reading so I can tell the differences between the TV series and the books.  However, the fact that they killed off my favorite character is annoying.  My other favorite character is Arya.  She is just amazing!  She just lands on her feet no matter what.  I can't wait to see what she does next.  I have to wait until next February for the season 3 DVDs.  I am not that patient of a person.  I really am not.  I would rather be able to watch it now but I will have to wait.

One of the authors I really like, Bertrice Small, has a new book out that I just got yesterday.  It goes to the newest series she is writing about 4 sisters.  So far it is as good as the first 2.  I like how she has very strong characters.  Her women are not weak or anything like that.  They are strong and stay strong.  I really like that a lot.  I like how strong and adventurous they are.  Anyways, it is a really good storyline and I am really enjoying it a lot.  I plan to continue to read game of thrones when I am done.

Kathy has had a cold all week.  I talked to her this afternoon.  She is feeling much better but sounds like she isn't.  She had a lot of errands to run today and took each of the girls separately to go.  I am glad she had some good time with each of the girls.

Since it is October, it is time to start thinking about Christmas presents.  Ugh, I know, it is early, but it is the only way I can get them in time for Christmas.  Kathy's boys are super easy.  I plan to get each of their presents during the month.  The girls are a bit harder.  The littlest cousins are a bit hard too but I believe they are all into books and things like that so that is the direction I am planning to go this year.  I know that they will like them.  Acer and Calli I have ideas for but theirs will be done in December.  The littlest cousins will be done in November.  This way it is spread all around and not coming out of one month's income.  It truly is the best way to go.  It should work out just fine for this year.

I will start working on the students' Christmas Ornaments this month too.  Last year, I waited until the possible moment and needed help with them in order to get them done in time for the concert.  I will NOT do that again this year.  This year I plan to be done way early, like by Halloween for instance.  Star is also going to help too.  I like sewing with someone and not doing it all by myself.  It is more fun and less stress to have a helper.  I just have to decide what I am going to make.  I already have the material, I just need the shape.  Should I make a note or a bell or what?  That is what I don't know.

Well, I think it is almost time to read for a bit before bed.  I am rather tired after working this afternoon on what we worked on.  I enjoyed the conversations that Will and I had.  He is a very nice young man and we had a couple of really good laughs.  We also like a lot of the same TV shows and movies.  He is happy that I have all the Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis TV series DVDs too.  Maybe we will watch some tomorrow.  Who knows?  With this awesome screen, anything is possible.  Although, I must confess, his screen is even more awesome than mine.  Believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment