Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Beginning: 2014

Maisy is sitting next to me, the other Heather, Heather BT that is, is downstairs playing on her computer, everyone else is gone for the afternoon.  It has been a restful New Year's Day so far and I foresee it continuing to be restful.  In between every sentence, I must pet Maisy.  She is insisting.  She is so cute.

2013 is over, 2014 has just begun. I wonder what it will bring. I am thankful for family, friends, and furbabies, especially Maisy. My students are the best in the world and I love them all. I have several activities to look forward to in this New Year, competition, visits with friends and family, teas, and several other things that I am sure will pop up. I am hoping for a visit from Kathy to the H2 house this winter. I also am excited about several new books that will be coming out this year. One in particular by Sarah Addison! I hope that this year will be the best for everyone and that everyone will have better health with less pain and less fatigue for those who have fibro like me. 

I am in a better place mentally with my grieving this year than I was last year. I still miss Momma everyday and think of her everyday but I am in a better place with it, I think.

I have a few goals for 2014. I aim to reach my goal weight by december 2014. I did gain a couple of pounds in december and I am sure when I get weighed tomorrow it may show the same thing, but I am back on track now. I plan to continue to work on getting healthier such as looking into alternatives to medicine. The magnesium is working well with helping the pain levels. I also am hoping that I will NOT be in the hospital at ALL in 2014. There hasn't been a year since 2005 that I have not had an in patient or an ER visit to the hospital. It has to stop! I am tired of the inside of the hospital. I have a few others but right now I can't think of them. I wish to kick Fibros butt as best as I can. I hope that by spring that I will be able to use a walker when going to a store instead of a scooter. That is the biggest goal. So far, I can go up and down our stairs much better than ever, which is very exciting! I have gone to a small store and walked through it for the first time in years, which was awesome. I walked to and from both kids events at their schools which was farther than I have been able to walk in years!

I have several new books I am excited to read. I am branching out on my reading. Several were recommended by friends so I am really looking forward to them. I love my nook! I received several awesome gift cards for Christmas so I am set for books for a while!

So here's to a healthier, better 2014!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment