Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Day Before the Storm 1-4

We are supposed to get a huge amount of snow tonight.  They are predicting about 12 to 18 inches of snow either tonight or tomorrow night.  I can't remember which.  Usually, they are completely wrong.  I am, of course, hoping for the completely wrong again.  We have enough snow and really, I don't think we need any more.  Yes, I know, I live in Michigan, this means snow in the winter.  I don't live in a snow belt area though.  Thank goodness for that.  We are about 30 minutes south and 45 minutes north of the snow belt areas.  It is nice not being in them.  My younger brother, Andrew, lives in a snow belt area and well, he gets tons so our small bit is nothing to him.  It looks like the worst will be tomorrow afternoon.  I think we are okay food wise and I just filled my tank up with gas so I know I am fine there.  In the winter, I don't like to go below a half a tank if I can help it especially if bad weather is coming.

Yesterday was such a bad day for me.  I think I pretty much slept the entire day and I mean the entire day.  I woke up about 2 pm and was back in bed around 3:30 pm.  I fell asleep again and woke up at 6:30 pm in time for dinner.  I stayed awake until about 8:30 or 9 and then went back to bed until 12 noon today.  I was just that exhausted.  I couldn't stay awake no matter what I tried to do.  It was awful.  I also ached a lot more than usual.  I was so cold all day too.  I ended up using several blankets to keep warm in the night and during the day I had my pajamas on as well as my dressing gown and I was STILL cold!  Fortunately, I warmed up when I was in my bed enough to sleep.  I am not as tired today.  I am just my normal tired.

Amanda had her lesson today.  I think she is going to be a temporary student, but I hope she will continue.  She is auditioning for a new community theatre in a town right next to hers.  It is kind of neat because instead of trying out for each play, you try out for the season so that is what she is doing right now.  We are working on "Part of Your World" from Little Mermaid and "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair" from South Pacific.  She is doing very well with both of them right now.  We made some good progress today.  The audition is in 2 weeks so we have a short time to do a lot of work.  I hope she had the songs memorized by next week so we can start working on the interpretation part of it.  Amanda picked songs that will show her acting and singing at the same time ability, which I greatly encouraged.  It is an important skill when you want to be in a musical.  She is also a dancer.

My Aunt Michelle is coming over this afternoon.  I am not sure if my cousin, Jayson is coming with her or not.  I love how much I get to see her and visit with her.  We have lots of fun together when we visit.  Jayson is 6 and sometimes can be a little stinker but generally, he is a good boy and a lot of fun.  He is anxious to play with Acer and Calli.  I am not sure when Acer will be here but Calli is home.  She may be napping at this time as she had goalball practice today and she worked really hard so she is rather tired from it but I think by the time they arrive she will be awake.

It has been a Maisy and me day.  We have spent most of the day together.  She came into my room after Heather BT and Calli left for goalball and then we slept.  Then I got up and we had Amanda's lessons before we ran errands together.  Maisy is very good when we run errands.  She really is.  Maisy stays on her side of the car, in the passenger seat.  Sometimes she looks outside, sometimes she is lying down, it is hard to say with that little one.  When we get to our destinations, like gas for instance, though, she likes to be in my lap because we are not driving.  Once we begin to drive, off she goes into "her" seat.  It is quite cute how that is "her" seat and whoa to the person who sits in it when she is in the car.  That is her seat and that is that.  When Will was here, we took her with us to get dinner one night and she grudgingly let him sit in her seat.  This was after she gave him some looks.  It was quite funny.  We both chuckled over it.  Will is now in California.  We all miss him here, but that is where his job is, so to California he must go.  We are back to a household of 5 again after being a household of 6 for a few months.

My aches aren't so bad today like they were yesterday.  Even my side is somewhat behaving.  I have had some real issues with it recently for the last few months.  I don't know what it is.  It is deep inside and it is on the right side of my front torso.  It hurts to walk at times too or stand up straight.  There are sharp pains in it but then they go away.  I just don't know.  It is so annoying having these random aches and pains.  It really is.  It is hard to know what is fibro, what is not.  I know not everything is fibro, but not everything is not fibro either so knowing the difference is the hard part.  I am hoping that either it will make itself really known so I can get it taken care of or it will go away.  It seems weird, I know, to hope it will make itself really known, but this on and off stuff is frustrating and there isn't anything anyone can do about it because it comes and goes.  Why doesn't it just go!  That would be the best.

My Aunt should be here soon.

1 comment:

  1. hoping you stay snow free. We are in a no snow zone too, wish we would get some occasionally though. Wish I was in a rain free sunshine only zone! take care.

    ReplyDelete