Sunday, January 12, 2014

The end of the week 1-11 & 1-12

I am rather glad it is the weekend!  yeah!  No lessons tomorrow!  I am thankful for the lessons that I have, but I am exhausted and really need a day of rest.  Acer is putting the clarinet together so we can go over what he learned the other day.  He is such a good musician.  I am waiting for Star to text to say she is ready for me to come and get her although I have a feeling she might have fallen back asleep.  She did mention she was exhausted so it is a possibility.  If she did, that is okay.  I just have to wait a day for her to get her surprise that I got her this afternoon.  I am so excited to give it to her.  She just text me and is waiting for the shower.  Her mom is in it right now.  I love her mom too.  Paula is such a good person and artist.  Both Star and Paula are good artists.  I love watching them with their art.

Star and I are going to watch the devil wears prada, or that is the plan so far.  We may go for Harry Potter instead as we are both major Harry Potter fans.  It all depends on what she wants to do.  Oh, it is time to feed the little Maisy!!!!  Be right back!!!!!  Heather BT's door is closed and it seems like she is asleep so I didn't get Maisy.  I have the food ready for her for when she comes down later after Heather BT wakes up.

It has been a busy day surprisingly.  I had my 2 lessons and then I went to check email along with facebook.  I ran a couple of errands and when I came home it was time for dinner.  We had Elle and her family over for dinner.  It was so much fun.  Her four children are so fun and nice.  They are Angus, Natasha, Hayden, and Rose.  Angus and Calli are best friends and Hayden and Acer are best friends.  It is quite cool how that works.

It is Sunday now.  I just talked to my younger brother, Andrew.  I don't get to talk with him all that much as he lives far away from me.  Okay, it is 2 hours away but with his hours, it seems like even more than that.  He is looking for a new apartment tomorrow.  I miss him.  We don't see each other that much.

Maisy and I are spending a quiet day together.  The kids and Bill are downstairs hanging out.  Acer, as usual, is making music, I am not sure what Calli is doing though.  I just finished playing my words with friends games.  I love that game.  I am not all that good at it but that is okay.  I have a few friends that I play against that I am at their level so that is good, others, well, they beat me at every game but I learn something from them so that is what I want.  I learn new words and use them in other games.  It is increasing my vocabulary even if I don't know what they mean.

I have a bad headache today.  It is really annoying me.  I don't want to lie back down but I am thinking I just might.  I don't know.  I will see.  A nap may be just what I need.  I think my head hurts more on days that I don't have to teach because I don't have much to focus on or because I notice it more on those days.  It is hard to say.  I also don't have much to do with getting things ready for the week today so I am at a loss of what to do with myself.  It is kind of funny how that happens.  I enjoy the peace and quiet, yet, I enjoy being a bit busy too.  Tomorrow, I have a couple of lessons and I am not sure, but I think I am taking Star to school.  I don't know for sure yet.  I haven't heard whether or not her mom's car is working yet.  I sure hope so for her sake, although, I have absolutely no problem taking her to school.  It isn't a problem at all.  I know she would help me if I needed a ride and she was able to give me one.  That is just what friends do.

I think I am going to watch some Murder She Wrote while the kids and Bill are gone this afternoon for the other church service they go to.  I am on disc 2 of season 12.  Mom and I loved that show so much. Angela Landsbury is one of my favorite actresses.  She has been in so much stuff that I love, especially Beauty and the Beast.  That is my all time absolutely absolute favorite movie EVER!!!

The big snow storm we had last week and the cold snap ended up giving the kids 4 snow days.  It got down to negative numbers with the wind chill so it was too cold for the kids to go to school.  Basically, the kids were out of school from Friday to Wednesday with going back to school on Thursday this past week.  The were not happy to go back to school.  I stayed inside as much as possible because the negative numbers really hurt my arthritis and fibro so much.  I hid inside and read a lot.  I had very few lessons because of the school closings so I am hoping to be back to my regular schedule this week.  I am getting to the deadline of the property taxes and I am getting rather nervous about them at this point.  I am positive everything will work out, but I am still nervous and need to give this to God without taking it back.  That is my problem.  I give it to God and then I end up taking it back, like I don't trust Him or something, which isn't true, I DO trust Him.  That is one of the things I am working on this year, not taking back what I give to God to work on.

Well, I think I am going to read for a few or go take a nap, I am not sure which.  My head is really hurting now so I don't know if I could even focus enough on reading.  I think I will opt for the nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment