Thursday, February 27, 2014

Almost March!!!

I can't believe that it is almost March!  I managed to be very careful with my money this month and I have almost paid allllll of the property taxes for 2012 off.  I am just under $100 short so that is good.  It proved to me a few things that I am glad about.

Anyways, last weekend was competition.  Boy, am I glad that is over.  It is a very exhausting weekend for me, very exhausting.  My 6 students who went did very well.  I am proud of them.  They all played and sang their best.  I do have one who is very unhappy with her results.  She and I will be speaking about it at her lesson tomorrow.  Basically, she wanted first in everything and was very unhappy with 2nds and 3rds.  She did get 1 first place in the duet category, but that was it.  I am most unhappy that she is not happy as she didn't really practice that much this year.  She coasted on her natural talent and well, this is the results she got.  If you want first place, practice.  Bottom line.  That is just the way it is.  Competition is hard and you have to work hard to get the results so she and I will be discussing this tomorrow.

I did pretty okay as far as pain went except for Sunday morning.  That was terrible.  My head was so bad it was unbelievable.  I had such a migraine.  It was better by the afternoon.  I think it was because I didn't have much sleep Friday night and same with Saturday night.  I was on the go so much too.  There really was no time to rest and I really need the time to rest.  It is hard to fit it in and I will have to do much better next year.  For now, I am working on recovering from it.  I have been sleeping an extraordinary amount (with the usual wake ups, of course).  Tuesday night I slept 16 hours.  Sunday night I slept for about 14 hours.  I am a 12 hour sleeper to begin with so I was just so exhausted.  Monday night, I went to tea with Star and we had a good time.  We are going to work on Budgets together.  I am proud of how I am doing with keeping up with the bills and not foolishly spending so much money.  I don't use my credit cards very much and they will be going back into the safe.  I only brought one at competition because I might have needed it in emergency but I didn't so back it goes.  Overall, I am a happy camper with how I am doing.  Star is doing pretty well too.  Our downfalls are books though.  That is our downfalls.  I am doing better as I remind myself that I have several books on my nook that I have not read yet so that helps.  I am re-reading one of my favorite series right now too. I went through and re-read all my Anne of Green Gables books.  I love Anne.  She is my all time favorite character.  I just love her and her daughter, Rilla.  Rilla is my second all time favorite character.  After them is Harry Potter and crew.  I love those books too.  I do not have them for my nook yet.  I do not plan to get them anytime soon as I have them all in book form so I do not need them in e-book form.

Maisy is sitting next to me sleeping.  She came with me to run a couple of errands.  I had to go to the bank and the post office.  I could have left the envelope that I needed to mail in my mailbox, but I didn't want to since it was the property tax check so I dropped it off directly at the post office.  We also went to the bank where she got 2, yes 2, treats.  Then we headed to McDonald's for my diet coke, which I am doing horrible on giving up.  After that, we stopped at Tim Horton's for my bagel since we are out of them here at home.  Tonight I am going to the store after Isaac's lesson and getting some bagels, CDs, my prescription, and some magnesium since I am out of it.  I have been meaning to do this all week, but I just didn't want to go out into the cold and get it.  I will tonight though plus I got to take Maisy with me so I didn't want to stop anywhere where she had to sit in the car.  It is just too cold for her to do that.  I only take her with me when I am not getting out of the car like earlier today.  Tonight, I will not be taking the lovely young lady doggie with me.  She will have to stay home with her Mama instead of coming with her Aunt.  I am her Aunt and the other Heather, Heather BT is her Mama.  It works out quite well.

Oh my gosh!  Maisy was such a little ninja yesterday!!!!  So, Acer left his chair out instead of pushing it in when he ran upstairs.  Well, he had food at his place on the table.  Maisy jumped up on Acer's chair and began eating the snack of Acer's.  She continued to eat as Acer came back down, but immediately jumped down when her Mama came up the stairs.  Maisy then ran to me since she was in trouble.  Yup, the ninjaness of Maisy.  One must ALWAYS push one's chair in at the dining room table since she can and will jump up to get food.  She once ate most of my dinner by someone leaving their chair out too.

My headache is a bit sorer than usual right now.  I think it is the anxiety from the weekend leaving my body that is the cause of it.  I had very high anxiety all weekend long.  I expected this.  I usually do during competition.  It takes days to lower the anxiety to the regular amount and with it comes a worse than usual headache.  I am glad that I have had much time to sleep and rest/relax this week.  I plan to take a wee nap before Isaac's lesson.  I am getting a bit overtired again.  I will, again head to bed early tonight.  I don't have to get up early tomorrow so that is good, I can sleep in as much as needed if necessary.  I am just tired of being exhausted all the time and headache and anxious and fibroy.  You know, the works.  I think it gets to all of us every so often.

Well, off to a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment