Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A not so good pain day 3-18

I have a terrible headache and my legs are aching horribly.  I have taken my pain pills and Advil, of which I am not supposed to take but at times, I have no choice.  Today would be one of those days.  Maisy is right next to me for now.  She divides up her time between me and Heather BT.  Now she is barking at the door for some reason.  Maisy is now back downstairs with Heather BT.  I think it is sweet how she "checks up" on the both of us.  It is almost as if she can sense when we aren't feeling too well and today, neither of us are feeling too well.  Heather BT has a bad headache too today.  She gets very bad migraines.  I was wrong.  Maisy is in the hallway between us since I am in the living room on the main floor and the other Heather is in the family room on the bottom floor.  Such a goofy and beautiful dog she is.  She was getting lots of love from me last night.  She kept coming into my room when I was reading.  I went up early because I just had one of those, I need to hide from the world days.  I don't know why I get them, I just do.

Anyways, it was a beautiful weekend.  Heather BT had a friend stop by after my lessons were over.  We chatted up a storm and then went out to dinner.  The men in the house had gone to see "Stomp" so it left us women alone.  It was wonderful.  We had a good time, all of us.  It also left great leftovers, which I had for lunch yesterday.  Sunday, we celebrated Calli's birthday.  She is now 14.  Her actual birthday was yesterday, St. Patrick's Day, but we celebrated it on Sunday.  She had a good time.  There was a party with friends and her grandmother also came.  Her uncle and his fiance came for a short time.  Over all, we all enjoyed lovely cake and ice cream as well as brownies.  Calli received nice gifts that she loved.  I got her the 3rd Anne of Green Gables movie as she is as big of a fan as I am.  We love our Anne of Green Gables, she and I.  It is nice to have something like that in common.  One of our friends, Tasha (age 11) asked me before hand if I got her something from Anne of Green Gables, I had to say yes.  Tasha said, I thought so and smiled.  Even Tasha knows how much we love Anne of Green Gables.  Tasha and family bought Calli and beautiful pair of sandals.  They look so cute on her little feet.  All in all, I would have to say it was the best weekend in a long time for me.  It was very low on the anxiety and the pain, unlike today.

Today, I only have 2 lessons of which I am thankful.  My other two have rescheduled for tomorrow so that is good.  It is a reschedule NOT a cancellation.  Their mom is not available to bring them this evening so they are coming tomorrow instead.  I have Allison in about 10 minutes and Julia at 6 pm so I have an hour of rest in between my lessons.  I may sit in my chair and take a small nap.  I don't know. I will see how it goes after the lesson.  I am also very cold in my hands, feet, and nose today.  I know earlier I had gone out without a coat (I know, not the brightest thing to do) but it didn't seem so cold then but I haven't been warm since so basically, that was a very dumb idea.  One that I will not be repeating in the future.  I shall wait until it is in the 70s before I go without a jacket.  I do have a hoodie on but that is not a coat and it is only 43 degrees out, which is much better than the less than 20 degrees we have had for the last month or so or the below zero we have had for most of December and January.  It has been the coldest winter so far in many, many years.  According to the weathermen, we have had more days of below zero temperatures since the 1950s.  I didn't realize we have had that many days.  I know the kids have had 10 snow days and some were due to the bitter cold, not the snow.  For many weeks the average temp was around 10 or lower.  Anyways, enough complaining about the weather, spring is coming soon.

I got my hearing aids back yesterday.  I had wondered before they went to get fixed how they were working or how they were helping.  Well, let me tell you!!!  They do make a HUGE difference!!!!  When they were being fixed for 2 weeks it was agony in the hearing department.  It was awful.  I am still having trouble understanding words or people at times but I will let the doctor know to see if it can be adjusted at that time again.  Over all, I am pleased to have learned that they do indeed work and help me hear.  It was awful for the 2 weeks without them.  I found myself living in my own world more when I couldn't hear and had to force myself to pay attention to others around me.  I didn't realize until those 2 weeks that I tend to live in my own world more when I can't hear as well.  It was a revelation to me.  Now I am back into the world around me, paying attention to everything, or so I hope I am.

I hope tomorrow is a better pain day.

No comments:

Post a Comment