Monday, June 2, 2014

My Broken Heart

Maisy died yesterday.  The faithful, beautiful, wonderful, goofy, frustrating at times, little dog.  She was such a good companion.  We had driven to visit my brother, Andrew.  I was so excited that he was finally going to meet Maisy face to face.  Little did I know what was to happen.  She started throwing up and throwing up.  She threw up in the driver's seat, the passenger's seat, and the rear driver's seat before she because lifeless.  We cleaned her up and the car and quickly headed home.  I was holding her.  We stopped at a service center on the 401 and laid her on the grass.  A nice couple came around and asked if they could help.  They went into the service center and found a vet.  He came out and tried to save Maisy, but it was too late.  She was gone.  I am trying to hold it together.  I am doing okay most times.  I have a few lessons tonight so that will be good and then I have to clean out my car as it is a mess and we had to sit on garbage bags last night on the way home.  I don't have much else to say except my heart was buried last night with Maisy.  I loved that little dog so much.  I am so thankful to my housemate Heather BT for sharing her with me.  I learned what it was like to love a dog and have a dog love me back.  I am so glad I was the crazy one who took so many pictures of her.  I have so many.  I am going to share some at the end of this post.  I will miss my sweetheart who would ride in the car with me.  Since I now know all about her and her love, I will pass it on.







I miss you Maisy.  I will love you forever and someday we will be together again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, I just don't know what to say. I am so sorry. How sudden and scary for you. She was much loved and gave that love back to all of you. May she be at rest now. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh, I am so sorry. I know exactly what you are going through. They take a piece of our hearts and never leave. Our dog, Hector, passed very suddenly a couple years ago. I've never gotten over it, and I have three other dogs! My heart goes out to you. K. Mueller fibroworks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss!! Having a dog is the best and worst thing in the world. They bring so much joy and happiness into our lives, only to leave us way to soon! She will always be watching out for you from afar.

    ReplyDelete